[APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains

Control your curtains with Slide by Innovation In Motion (https://innovationinmotion.nl/) with the Homey Slide app: Slide App for Homey | Homey

Install and setup your Slide device(s) using the official app by Innovation in Motion, on your smartphone. Login using your e-mail address and password of your Slide account, in the Homey app, and select which Slide(s) you want to add to Homey.

Enables the following cards to use in your flows:

• [Trigger] Position changed #level (From fully opened: 0.00 to fully closed: 1.00)
  • [Action] Set position
  • [Action] Immediate stop

Use at your own risk, I accept no responsibility for any damages caused by using this script.

Changelog

Version 0.3.3 (yet to be approved)

• Changed device type, please remove and re-add your devices
  • Minor bugfix

Version 0.3.2

• Minor bugfixes

Version 0.3.1

• Fixed missing files

Version 0.3.0

• New Cloud API setup for final version.

Version 0.2.2

• Fixed a small bug

Version 0.2.1

• Fixed a crash
  • Changed polling from every 20 to every 30 seconds

Version 0.2.0

• Better error detection
  • Better scanning

Version 0.1.0:

• First release
2 Likes

Version 0.3.3 has a corrected device type, which will work and display better in the app and on Home(y)kit.

This will, however, require you to remove the old devices and add them again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Using the “Home” (Woning) app to close my bedroom curtain:

Using Siri to close the curtains in my livingroom (lot of “ticks” because of the extendable rails in my living room - please note that this is not the Slide):

Both were accomplished with Homey, the Homeykit app on Homey and the Slide app on Homey.

2 Likes

Cool! Really nice. I want this too. I have to get a Slide first though. Good the know there is a working for it!

Version 0.3.5 coming up soon.

I accidentially left some testing code in the “checktoken” function, resulting in a renewal of the authentication token daily instead of every 14 days. This has been solved.

And I made a mistake in the same function, where I acidentially “set” the login details instead of getting them. This resulted in overwriting them with empty values, therefor it was impossible to renew the token and the Slides can’t be controlled anymore after 30 days. This is now fixed in the next version (still needs to be approved by Athom)

1 Like

Ah good to hear, I did not understand why they stopped working from time to time. Re-adding the device helped but I assumed that was not a permanent fix :slight_smile:

Yeah it was quite annoying! But it should be fixed in the update.

I have one Slide for sale: https://tweakers.net/aanbod/2057794/slide-automate-your-curtains.html
Message me if interested!

How can I make a flow where Slide will open or close depending on the position of the curtain.

Scenario: I want to press three times on a fibaro dimmer switch and Homey should first see if it’s open or closed. When closed: open, when open: close.

Is this possible?

You should be able to accomplish that with the ‘position tag’ of the Slide.

Use the logic card " Is bigger than" in the “when” column.

Please remind that although a curtain may look fully closed or opened, the tag may vary a few percent. Mine go fully open but show 82% (0.82 in Homey).

Thanks for the app! I just set up some flows to use the slide & my lights in combination with a lux-meter.

Before I purchased a slide, I used to control my lights based around sunset and sunrise. In my experience this wasn’t ideal. Depending on the weather, my lights would be on while there was plenty of daylight outside, or my lights wouldn’t be on while they should be on darker/overcast days.

With the addition of a lux-meter I can open my curtains when it’s getting bright, but also close them a bit when the sun shines directly into my window and it becomes too bright. I used a Aeotec Multisensor 6 and mounted it on the inside of the window (could do it outside as well, but this was more convenient for supplying it with power)

@Jorden

Loving the app so far but I have one request;
Is there any way you could add a simple “open” and “close” trigger? Right now I have to check the current status through logics and they are not really updating on the fly, making it hard to directly know the exact status. A simple open (100%) and close (0%) would greatly help in making flows a lot more simple.

That’s kinda hard, since the API doesn’t always give back 100% and 0%. For example, the curtains in my bedroom don’t close over 90% (I might have to set the motor pulling more hard, since the curtains in my bedroom are quite heavy).
I will look into this soon, to see if there is a tag in the API that shows if it is still moving the curtains or if it’s done (but I don’t think this is available).
Really busy at the moment though, it will take some time for me before I can dive into it.

Hi,

Appreciate your response.

It’s not that I really need it to be at 100% (or 0% for that matter) but more that I can make flows that respond to a simple (WHEN statement) close (0%) and open (100%) command rather than having to hope that the current open percentage is updated (which can take minutes) with dodgy flows such as below;

If I create a trigger for open/close, it will probably not be faster. I check the curtains status every 30 seconds. Then pass the position through to Homey.

A trigger based on a status < 5% or > 95% will be equally slow.

It’s not really about fetching the actual status from slide but more the “forced” action to simple fully open or close, no matter what the current open/close percentage is. This rules out any misalignment between the actual state and the one homey is reading.

An easy example; I have a aqara single button switch. When I press it once I want it to close. When I press it again I want it to open. This second press now has to first read the actual status which can be out of sync for minutes and keeps on wanting to open the curtains since it reads values that do not really make sense.

Hope this explains the scenario a bit?

For that you don’t need a trigger. Simply set the position to 100% or 0%.

I could build in a “force_closed” or “force_open” status, which overrides the curtain status inside Homey, but that will be a lot of work. It’s probably easier to use a virtual switch inside Homey for this usecase.
When you press the button, set the virtual switch to “on” and close the curtains. If the switch is on when you press the button again, open the curtains and turn the switch off.

The virtual switch part crossed my mind but is last resort. All I wanted was a “when” card that says “when the slide curtains close/open” :slight_smile:

I’m keep getting the error that mine credentials are invalid. i’ve reset the password, but i’m keeping the same result. i use the same credentials i use for the slide app. what could it be?

Can you try restarting the app on Homey, then try again?

If it doesn’t work, please use the Homey app to send me a report and I’ll see if there’s something going wrong.