Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

:+1:
Me too, I’ve been running it for quite a while now and no false alarms in my testing. Sensitivity on my sensor looks ok to use it with Heimdall, but I have only on sensor to test with.

hi, sorry late reply. Yes you have a point. It was more to having all alarms connected together in one place but any way the user might want to have different flows triggering if its firealarm or burglar alarm.

Maybe it would be better to have the possibility to use Unifi cameras and / or other cameras that can be part of the input triggering sensors as well. But I dont have the knowledge if that would be possible or not. =)

Any camera that sends a message to Homey that results in an alarm_motion trigger in the app for that camera can be used as an input for Heimdall.

Like a Ring
Or Doorbird
for example.

If a camera sends some sort of message to Homey but not with the alarm_motion capability you can ask the app developer to integrate that into the app.

A workaround can be to create a flow that gets triggered by the camera and looks like this:
That way all other actions like logging and activating the alarm flow will be the same.

ok, great. thank you for quick answer. I have not bought cameras yet thats why I ask. =)
good work and great app you have developed=)

The xiaomi aqara human body sensors always fall out. Does anyone have any idea how that is possible. I use this in the Heimdall app. Or is this a Xiaomi problem?

@Ben can you explain what you mean with ‘always fall out’?
Heimdall ‘listens’ in on the alarm_motion reports that are generated by the Xiaomi app when it receives information from a device. Does the sensor report movement at all?

what I mean by failure is that I currently have two sensors in the room and one in the toilet and one in the garage and one on the landing. The 2 in the room I have no problem with and also not in the toilet. Heimdall recorded everything well except for the one in the garage and overflow. When I have paired it on the landing and garage, everything goes well for a while and heimdall registers everything but after a while nothing is registered by heimdall. I’m going to take out the battery again and again on new pairing everything goes well again and over time I have the same problem again.

Reading that I think you have range/zigbee issues and it’s not something Heimdall has to do with or can fix.

New version published

Version 1.0.22

• Added Last Door functionality
  • Split Trigger Delay to 2 separate settings, Arming Delay and Alarm Delay
  • Changed Delay range to 0-300 seconds
  • Minor layout changes to settings pages

The Last Door functionality will shorten the arming delay when ‘the last door’ is closed to 10 seconds. You don’t have to do anything special to use it, just make sure the door sensor has Delayed Trigger set to yes in the settings and you would obviously use a delay setting the Surveillance Mode

Make sure the door is closed when you set your desired Surveillance Mode and just leave through the door, opening and closing is will activate the Last Door functionality which lowers the delay to 10 seconds.

Because this functionality was added the Trigger Delay was split into two separate settings: Arming- and Alarm Delay, please set them to your desired value in the range 0-300 seconds.

1 Like

Hi Danee,

Si i told one of the sensors worked again for a while and not from the overflow. The last night I see in heimdall that suddenly all the sensors work again but in heimdall it is indicated that the sensors have not sent information in the past 24 hours. You can see that everything works. (See example)

With this I want to thank you for the good app

You’ve stumbled upon a function that will be completed in version 1.0.23. When setting the Surveillance Mode to either armed mode Heimdall will check if sensors have sent an alarm_motion or alarm_contact report in the last 24 hours. If a sensor hasn’t reported it will be written to the history and a flow card will be triggered which you can use to be informed about it.

To have full usage of the sensor communications, it should also log when the did communicate again, otherwise its half a function. I noticed this also in th Hemdall logs and find it usefull information, but then I also want to know when they communicate again.

There are two options, remove this feature or complete it to tell us in the log when sensors did communicate again please. Or create a different and separate monitoring app :wink:

This is monitoring of equipment, if you know that a sensor did not communicate for 24 hours, then you can also see that they communicate again. But you need to remember the state of a sensor ( active (reachable/updating) or not active (non reachable/no updates received) and it should survive a reboot of the app and/or the Homey…

Is there a flowcard to send the warning to a log and/or to notify me with a notification action card?

Is the current warning a real one? Or may be caused by the first installation and a small bug which is mis understood by me and @Ben ?

1 Like

This functionality is added so a user knows the sensor hasn’t reported for 24 hours, this could be because it’s a motion sensor in a room that wasn’t entered for 24 hours or because it’s a battery operated device where the battery depleted.
For the functionality I wrote Heimdall I don’t expect a user to just wait around and check the history over and over again to see if there is communication again but to actively check the sensor why it hasn’t communicated.
Heimdall is not a device monitoring app, I merely added this function because Homeys abilities to do this doesn’t really work reliable, if it does this function reliable in a upcoming firmware it may be removed again from Heimdall

3 Likes

On trying to implement Heimdall
I recently raised a question on the possibility that Heimdall acknowledges the status of doors/windows whether opened/closed
Each door/window status is detected by a switch (an input to a Fibaro generic input sensor)
However each switch cannot be acknowledged since it does not have the “capability alarm_contact” in order to be detected by Heimdall
So as you suggested I have created Virtual devices to account for an “alarm feature”
However no one is detected by Heimdall once giving the definition as the only possible feature available, i.e. “motion detection” which therefore does not work either

I think this depends on the fact that “motion detection” is a transient event while the CONTACT detection is a STATUS EVENT

Do you think is there any possibility to take care of this issue?

in the meantime I have also submitted a question to Arjan in github

to understand whether a VD can be implemented with the “capability alarm_contact”

thanks

I think I missed something here but this is absolutely something I want/need, not because of Heimdall (necessarily) but because sometimes my batteries die or connection lost without me realising…

Can you give quick instructions on how I set it up so if any motion sensor has not reported in 24hours I get a notification?

Cheers

You can build a flow with the trigger “device hasn’t report in 24hr” from the “devices”
It will check all the devices you have connected to homey.
For filtering I think you can use logic in the “AND” and the “name” tag from the trigger.

New version published

Version 1.0.23

• Check if sensors communicated with Homey in the last 24 hours

On setting a Surveillance Mode the sensors that are selected for the Armed or Partially Armed mode will be checked when they last reported. If there has not been a alarm_motion report or alarm_contact report in the last 24 hours a line will be written to the history:

The new No information received flow card will also be triggered, with the Zone, Device, Last update and Hours card you can create a flow to inform you about sensors that need attention.

@vaderag

(Version 1.0.24 will have improvements on this new function, it will no longer just look at alarm_motion or alarm_contact information but any communication from a sensor)

Unfortunately that function is not really reliable and that’s the reason I added the Communication Check to Heimdall

@stepic7 In order to use the Fibaro Binary Sensors in Heimdall as if they are ‘real’ Door/Window sensors you would need to map them to a Virtual Device that has the alarm_contact capability so it requires support for that in the Virtual Devices app.

Until that support is build you could use them as a trigger in the proposed flow I posted in a previous post