433Mhz not responding after reboot

Hi, same problem over here with our new homey pro and Somfy RTS.
After a homey reboot 433MHz doesn‘t work. I‘ ve found out that all blinds are working again, if I do execute one command on the Somfy remote (no matter, if its up, down or stop/my) when holding the remote nearby homey. It’s enough to „active“ one blind and all will work again…!
Problem: That’s not a solution when you are away from home.

Now I ve been waiting for 2 hours to see if our 433 channel starts working again automatically after a while (without using the Somfy remote control). Until now it‘s a „no“.

Yesterday eve I did contact the athom support, if I get to know smth new, I ll let you know :).

PS: Of course 433 MHz flows aren‘t working as well.

I bought my Homey Pro in June 2020. Currently I own mostly KaKu devices to control the lights.
Directly from the start I had the problem that every few days the KaKu apps says ‘Invalid device data’ for one or more devices and I can’t control them anymore. Only thing that helps is to reboot the homey.

But after a reboot I have the same issue as you all have. The first few hours 433 Mhz isn’t working. I contacted Homey support and they asked me to send the Homey in for a firmware upgrade of the 433 Mhz controller. After that the problem occurs less frequently, but it is still there.
Very annoying… My current workaround is to reboot the Homey every night at 02:00 and 90% of the time everything works again when I wake up at 06:00.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your problem and work around! Let’s hope Athom will come up with a permanent solution.

Experiencing the same problem at the moment. Suddenly 433 Mhz stopped working last evening (other protocols didn’t have any problems). Did a reboot last evening (not a 10 minute power shutdown) and this morning I disconnected the power for 10 minutes. Still 433 Mhz isn’t working after a fresh boot up. I had similar problems early this year after an Homey update. Let’s hope it is magically working again within a few hours. Very annoying.

Update:
After ± 60 minutes 433 Mhz is working again.

1 Like

Please report this to Athom.
I have troubles with 433MHz too and read about more problems here.
But nobody seems to report it (or at least Athom says so), so Athom is stating there are no issues at all…

1 Like

Just reported my 3th ticket about this issue. Including multiple diagnostic reports.

1 Like

Just received a new Homey as a replacement for my old one with the trouble.
After startup and restoring the backup the 433 Mhz didn’t work until I used the remote of the Kaku devices once. After that everything started working.

Now monitoring for a few days/weeks…

Same here

After a few weeks of monitoring I concluded that the new Homey improved a lot.
No need to reboot the Homey regularly to keep the 433 Mhz up and running. The Kaku app still has some issues, but a restart of the app every night ‘fixed’ that issue.
Just closed my ticket at Homey Support.

1 Like

Is this still an issue?

I have quite a few 433-devices, plugs and sensors, and I do experience this 433-freezing. However it’s not exactly as described in this thread. For me it happens randomly and a reboot seems to fix the issue.

Interestingly, checking a few sensors in Flows I see the curves flatline at different timestamps. :thinking:

Sharing my experience on this issue (as note to myself and other users searching for this issue).

After PTP of homey pro, my 433Mhz devices (mostly KAKU) were not responding. Because i didn’t have time to troubleshoot this issue at that moment, i let it rest for an evening and night (>12 hours). In the morning all devices were working again :sweat_smile:.
So don’t panic, just wait. (And don’t do a PTP when you need your 433 devices to work in the coming couple of hours).