Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Please report bugs at: Issues · daneedk/com.ring.security · GitHub

FAQ

Q: When I try to add my Ring device Homey says no compatible App found and the device is added as a Generic Z-Wave Device
A: The new Homey Pro Early 2023 is available in more regions than before, it may be your device is for a region that is not yet added to the app. No worries, this can be fixed! Check the post describing how to find the Device Information.

Q: Will it be possible to connect the Ring Alarm system with Homey?
A: No, that’s not the purpose of this app, the purpose is to be able to add the Keypads and sensors to Homey so they can be used with Heimdall

Q: Some LEDs on the Keypad stay lit all the time when the power is connected, can that be changed?
A: That’s default behaviour of the Ring Keypad on older firmware versions. There is no way to change the battery indicator led, the other leds can be dimmed in the devices settings.

Q: How can I use the Ring Keypad with Heimdall?
A: Check the post describing the Ring Keypad and Heimdall Integration

Q: How can I use the Emergency Buttons on the 2nd generation Ring Keypad with Heimdall?
A: Check the post describing the Ring Keypad and Heimdall Integration

Q: Why isn’t the integration with Heimdall working when the Ring Security app is run from the CLI?
A: The integration requires a (secret) API key which is not available on Github. It is only available when the app is installed from the App Store.

Q: My Ring Keypad V2 freezes when entering a PIN, how can I fix this?
A: Several users have reported disabling the Use Proximity Detection in the Advanced Settings of the device fixed this for them.

Go to opening post