[App][Pro] dingz (v1.3.1 / Test: v2.0.6)

dingz for all your things (v2.0.x)

The dingz Switch is a device that allows you to easily connect wired devices to the Homey Smart Home. Depending on the configuration, it includes switches, dimmers, blinds control, etc and a motion (plus only), brightness and temperature sensor.

After iolo surprised us with the new firmware v2.x and caught me on the wrong foot, I developed the v1.3.x branch, knowing that this is temporary and I have to catch up with the MQTT integration at a later time.

The v1.3.x branch is discontinued

Important note for dingz-app (test: v2.0.x)

I have found a bug in the firmware (v2.1.1).

Please check whether the CORRECT MAC address of the dingz is entered in the “WebUI > System > dingz ID” field. If not, please correct it, because if you do not do this, communication with an MQTT broker, for example, will not work properly.

A fix is in progress…

What is new in version 2?

• Almost everything, except the definitions of the individual dingzDevice, the rest was rewritten
  • Full support of dingz v2 firmware
  • Implementation of the dingzNet
  • With a few exceptions all dingzSwitch types are now supported
  • The dingzDevice’s are based on the configuration of the respective dingz switch
  • dingzDevice repair implemented
  • New images and icons

What is the dingzNet?

The dingzNet is a transparent IoT/MQTT based communication platform over which the individual paired dingz switch interact with the Homey dingz-app as well as the official iOS/Android dingz-app. This also applies to 3-party api/apps that can be used to control dingz v2, but these have not been tested.

Migration from Homey dingz-app v1.3.x to v2.0.x

The migration should actually be (almost) automatic. The only thing you need is described in the setup.

If you still have problems, the easiest way is to delete the dingzDevice and pair it again. If the problem persists, please contact me via the community.

To check if all flows are still working, I can highly recommend the homey app “Flow Checker”.

Known issues

• Since the dingzSwitch newly distinguishes “non-dimmable” lights and power socket, the dingzDevice (socket) must be deleted and then re-paired

• The dingzButton flow card unfortunately could not be saved, this must be reassigned via Replace

Supported Devices

• dingzSwitch > FW: 2.1.x
  • dingzSwitch plus > FW: 2.1.x
  • Beta versions are not supported

Setup

1. Install MQTT broker (see Notes)
  2. Configure MQTT broker user (Default user: dingzNet / password: dingzNet)
  3. Install Homey Simple (Sys) Log (Optional, but recommended)
  4. Install Homey dingz-app
  5. Check dingz > MQTT-Broker app settings and configure if necessary
  6. Important: Restart the dingz app.

Usage

1. Install dingz switch
  2. Add dingz to the network
  3. Configure dingz with the Webinterface.
    • Add device name
    • Add each button, outputs, motors name
    • Configure all buttons, outputs and motors
    • Test if device is installed correctly
  4. Pair the devices with the homey

Supported dingz types

• internal
    • dingz
    • FrontLED
  • output (Ausgang)
    • light > (Licht)
    • always > (Immer an)
    • switch > (Steckdose geschaltet)
    • sprinkler > (Bewässerungsventil)
    • fan > (LĂĽfter)
    • pulse > (Pulse)
  • motor (Motoren)
    • blind > (Jalousien)
    • shade > (Markisen)
    • window > (Windows)
    • door > (TĂĽren)

ToDo

Devices

• garagedoor > (Garagentor)
  • heater > (Heizungsventil)

Flow-Cards

• carousel

Notes

• Use only a local MQTT broker, because the dingz do not support mqtts protocol.

• Basically you can use all MQTT brokers. I personally was not satisfied with the Homey MQTT-Broker app and have now switched to the Home Assistant MQTT-Broker.

• If you use the Homey MQTT-Broker, then it is sufficient to enter the URL “localhost” or “127.0.0.1” at MQTT-Broker settings, because the rest is done automatically by dingzNet.

• For all “tekkies” who are interested, I can recommend the MQTT Explorer.

• If you make changes to the configuration of a dingzSwitch, the dingzNet must also be reconfigured. Unfortunately, this is not yet done automatically, but you can do this via the device repair or by restarting the dingz app.

• Important for “Button … is …” where-card. In order to configure a dingzButton the following setting must be made in the (WebUI) dingz > buttons > control.

• Diagnostic-Reports which are not requested by me will be deleted automatically …Community first…

• Forum-Topic Since I don’t have a crystal ball, please give me the following information so that I can analyze the problem more precisely.
    – App version:
    – dingzSwitch model:
    – dingzSwitch firmware:
    – Homey model:
    – Homey version:
    – MQTT broker:
    – Broker version:

Thanks

Special thanks to all for the help in testing the new version.

Disclaimer

Use at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any damages caused by using this app.

Copyright

Copyright 2022, 2023 cFlat-inc.org, Chris Gross

dingz app for Homey (v1.3.1)

Adds support for dingz.

Attention

The dingz app v1.3.x requires the new dingzSwitch firmware v.2.0.21.

Since the new firmware (v2) brought big internal changes, the app has to be rewritten. Until this is done, only the “old” device types (light, blinds & shade) are supported.

SimpleLog-App log size

I have added a log interface for the SimpleLog-App. Unfortunately you can’t set the log level in the app at the moment. Please keep an eye on the log size and delete the entries if necessary…

About

The dingz Switch is a device that allows you to easily connect the wired devices to the Homey smart home. Depending on the configuration, it includes switches, dimmers, blinds control and a motion (only plus), brightness and temperature sensor.

Note

• Diagnostic-Reports which are not requested by me will be deleted automatically …Community first…

• If you have problems after the upgrade, remove and rePair all devices.

• Please use the test version only in exceptional cases, you can load the productive/live version over the test version without any problems (if both versions are the same). Just do not delete the app. My crash log thanks you !

• Important for “Button … is …” where-card. Due to a known firmware problem, some of the Dingz buttons are not displayed correctly. In this case there is the following workaround:

1. Open the dingz Switch webUI in the browser (the ip-address can be found in the Device Settings-Page)
    2. Go to the Button Page.
    3. Remove ALL actions
    4. Save the settings
    5. Assign the actions again
    6. Save the settings again.
    7. done…

Supported Devices

• dingzSwitch FW: > 2.0.21
  • dingzSwitch plus FW: > 2.0.21

Beta versions are not supported

Usage

1. Install dingzSwitch.
  2. Add device to WLAN.
  3. Configure device with the Webinterface.
    • Add buttons name
    • Add device name
    • Add each button, dimmers, blinds name
    • Configure all dimmers, blinds and shades
    • Test if device is installed correctly
  4. Add device to Homey.

ToDo

• Add embedded dingz webUI.
  • Implement homey-css

Thanks

Special thanks to Sadi for the help in testing the new version.

Disclaimer

Use at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any damages caused by using this app.

Copyright

Copyright 2022, 2022 cFlat-inc.org

Changelog (entire)

Live: v1.3.1

• TempFix debug-log

Test: v2.0.6

• Some fixes

For later use…

Bonjour,

Suite installation de plusieurs Dingz dans mon appartement je remarque plusieurs choses à améliorer.
Serait-il possible de pouvoir commander un contact d’un autre dingz sans passer par un flow?
Est-il prévu de dissocier les touches pour une configuration plus simple? Elle ne s’affiche que avec les capteurs.
Il serait aussi intéressant d’avoir l’image du Dingz avec l’emplacement de la touche correspondante grisé.

Merci

Veuillez Ă©crire en anglais !!

THX Chris

1 Like

Hello,

Following the installation of several Dingz in my apartment, I notice several things to improve.
Would it be possible to be able to order a contact from another dingz without going through a flow?
Are there any plans to separate the keys for a simpler configuration? It is only displayed with the sensors. Have the 4 outputs and the 4 inputs.
It would also be interesting to have the image of the Dingz with the location of the corresponding key grayed out. It would also be interesting to have an image with detector for the dingz plus.
I can gladly help with tests or the like.

Thank you

Sorry for the delayed feedback, I’m moved to a new apartment

Would it be possible to be able to order a contact from another dingz without going through a flow?

The individual dingz can communicate with each other. see dingz-api

Are there any plans to separate the keys for a simpler configuration? It is only displayed with the sensors. Have the 4 outputs and the 4 inputs.

No, because the device does not represent the sensor, it is the dingz device itself. However, you can describe the individual inputs/outputs for a better overview via the dingz web interface.

Anyway, it is recommended that the dingz device is configured correctly first. Then the homey app imports the configuration automatically during paring.

It would also be interesting to have the image of the Dingz with the location of the corresponding key grayed out.

Unfortunately I can’t, because the buttons can be reconfigured via WebInterface, so I don’t know which button is what anymore.

Thank you for your answers.
I do not understand how to link two Dingz without flow.
It is a shame not to have the 4 outputs but also the 4 push buttons that appear when adding homey.
I’ve noticed something else lately. I only have the standard dingz that shows the temperature on Homey.
Do you also have this?
And is it possible to have a different picture between the dingz plus and standard on homey?

Hi Thilko

I do not understand how to link two Dingz without flow.

This has nothing to do with homey, the communication is based on the dingz-RestApi

It is a shame not to have the 4 outputs but also the 4 push buttons that appear when adding homey.

They are not missing. The outputs are represented by the individual generated switches, lights, blinds. For each button you have to create a flow with a virtual device that calls the action.
Sample:
dingz device button-1 pressed > action-a
Virtual-Device button pressed > action-a

I’ve noticed something else lately. I only have the standard dingz that shows the temperature on Homey.

I know, with the dingz plus the motion detector is displayed. Unfortunately, you can not currently select in the homey-api what should be displayed. As soon as athom makes this possible, I will implement this.

And is it possible to have a different picture between the dingz plus and standard on homey?

No, homey does not allow to change the picture

Hello, will you bring this app to homey cloud (bridge)?

I am not the manufacturer, so in a nutshell NO

I have deployed the new version (v1.2.2) of the dingz app on Test. It includes, in addition to general improvements, the upgrade to SDKv3 and thus compatibility with the new Homey Pro (Early 2023).

This version is no longer compatible with the app version v1.3.x. The version will remain on test for about 1 week, after that it will go live.

The new version (v1.2.2) is now live/productive.

I have now set the test app to live, the individual Dingz devices now need to be deleted and then re-imported (paired) for the app to work properly again.

Sorry for the circumstances but unfortunately there is no other way…

Gruss Chris

See: [App][Pro] dingz

Bonsoir,
La dernière mise à jour pose problème.
Obligé de remettre tout mes dingz et de refaire mes flow.
Et les boutons ne sont plus détecté par l’application. (Un sur deux voir aucun)

Ceux-ci était détecté avant.

Merci d’avance

Please in English so that everyone understands…

I had announced a week ago, that today the migration to the new version takes place and that you have to import all devices new.

New is that only the buttons that are not assigned to an “output” are displayed. Because I had the problem (and sleepless nights, plus spiteful mails) that if the one who reacts first (Flow or Device) lost and the winner overwrote the loser the settings, so a pure timing problem that I could not influence. So delete via WebUI the outputs of the respective button and this is displayed in the flow…

Please excuse me. I understand your explanation. But there must be a problem. I have a Dingz without any output (All in reserve). When creating a flow, No button is available. I have this problem on several Dingz. Should we also remove them from the Dingz app?

Yep, Reinstall all, because internally everything has changed !!

Hello,

I have a Dingz 4 button switch.
I use two of the buttons the trigger an action on Homey.
Unfortunately since yesterday, it is not working anymore. Maybe a firmware update.

Is there a way to log all the requests received by Homey? I would like to check what is sent from the Dingz.

Thank you in advance.

Chris

Hi Chris thank you for your Great work! But i have a Problem with the Dingz App in Homey. I dont use beta!
Afther the Updates its Not longer possible in the funktion „afther press a buttom“ choice a buttom. Then i follow your Instruktion, clear all entris in the normal dingz App and clear in Homey! It changes nothing. Then i completli dingz to default settings. De- reinstalled the app in homey. But all aktions change nothing. I cant select a buttom! What do i wrong?