[APP] Magister voor Homey (removed from app store)

Magister

Homey app to interface with the Magister school information system.

After adding a student via the device tab, the following functionality is available:

Flow:

• Trigger : New incoming grade
  • Trigger : Change in day-roster today or tomorrow
  • trigger : A lesson was skipped today (spijbelen)
  • Condition : A lesson was cancelled today or tomorrow
  • Condition : A test is planned today or tomorrow
  • Condition : Homework is planned today or tomorrow
  • Action : Let Homey say all new grades for the last 24hrs or 7 days
  • Action : Let Homey say the day-roster of today or tomorrow
  • Action : Let Homey say the homework of today or tomorrow
  • Action : Let Homey say the tests of today or tomorrow

Trigger Flow tokens:

• Incoming grade: grade, weight, class, description, student name
  • Roster change : student name, 1st hour, last hour, start time, end time, number of cancelled classes, number of tests
  • Skipped lesson: class, hour, student name

Insights:

• Log new incoming grades for all classes

Note: the old forum can be found here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1716

v3 off the app will be released soon as stable version. ATTENTION: YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY DELETE THE APP AND REINSTALL AGAIN to make it work correctly. Students are now added as a device. You have to recreate your flows.

Sorry for the hassle, but this version is more stable then the V2 app.

after deleting the old app and installing the new app, Magister does not accept password and username which do work in magister iOS. What could be the problem?

@Marcel_Ubels What message do you get when trying to pair?

Ik krijg een melding in de mobiele app [object][object] op mijn macbook was het volgens mij dat er geen correcte account gegevens zijn ingevuld. Ik kan echter op magister ios gewoon met de mij bekende user name en wachtwoord inloggen.

Modbreakā€” Plz keep in it English

What is the name of the school? There could be multiple schools with the same name. And could you post the debug log from the app settings page?

The name of the school is Bogerman Sneek. I did request at the school the username and password. Did get those by mail en tryed again. same results. hearby de debug log

018-09-13 12:22:00 [log] [MagisterApp] settings frontend is requesting studentlist
2018-09-13 12:20:31 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [student] Pair error Ongeldig account of verkeerde combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. Probeer het nog eens of neem contact op met de applicatiebeheerder van de school.
new session
2018-09-13 12:20:30 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [student] save button pressed in frontend
2018-09-13 12:19:07 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [student] Pair error Ongeldig account of verkeerde combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. Probeer het nog eens of neem contact op met de applicatiebeheerder van de school.
new session
2018-09-13 12:19:05 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [student] save button pressed in frontend
2018-09-13 12:18:56 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [student] Pair error Ongeldig account of verkeerde combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. Probeer het nog eens of neem contact op met de applicatiebeheerder van de school.
new session
2018-09-13 12:18:55 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [student] save button pressed in frontend
2018-09-13 12:18:45 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [student] Pair error Ongeldig account of verkeerde combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. Probeer het nog eens of neem contact op met de applicatiebeheerder van de school.
new session
2018-09-13 12:18:44 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [student] save button pressed in frontend
2018-09-13 12:18:26 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [student] Pair error Ongeldig account of verkeerde combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. Probeer het nog eens of neem contact op met de applicatiebeheerder van de school.
new session

Magister version 3.0.5 was just released in the app store. It fixes some issues with grades.

It seems that a "-"in the school name is not working. I get the message:
school.url is not a correct magister url

schools magister name is: jacob-roelands

Thanks for reporting. I will try to fix that in the next release :slight_smile:

New version 3.2.0 was just released in the appstore. It has a hotfix for an API change that Magister introduced yesterday. If you have ā€˜incorrect usernameā€™ login failures, you need to install this new version.

Also the schoolnames with ā€˜-ā€™ got fixed.

Have fun with it :slight_smile:

Installed the new version 3.2.0 and still I get ā€œinvalid usernameā€ ?
Log in on the orginal Magister app with the same username and password with no problem.

Reinstalled everything but still the same error.

Do you have a fix for this ?

I have the same issue myself again since this morning. Magister seems tot be messing with the api. I will have to wait and see if the developers of the magister api wrapper can produce a fix.

Is fixed in version 3.2.1. Will be available soon in the appstore.

when will this happen,it is not possible to install from git

Athom must have read your post. They just approved it. Get it while itā€™s hot https://apps.athom.com/app/com.gruijter.magister

yes ok but sadly 3.2.2 invalid user

after install homey 2.0.1 rc2 i could add the student but it installed a double student
action: removed one and back in business

The double student in Homey V2 was already reported as An issue. Good that IT now works for you!

After updating Magister for Homey to version 3.2.2 it was working again.
But today I got again the error ā€œinvalid userā€