Homey Community Forum

868,3 MHz 4 position remote

app

Does anybody know if there is an app available to teach Homey the buttons off a 868,3 MHz remote control? I have a Orcon mechanical home ventilation which can only be controlled in 4 settings RF remote and would like to integrate the ventilation into my home automation.

0 Likes

search https://apps.athom.com/
if it is not there, it does not exist (yet).

0 Likes

Hi,
Asak there is not yet an app for.

I guess I have the same ventilation and remote,
I tried to learn the signal but could not get a correct signal definition.
It also looks like it is a two way system where the vents give a acknowledge back to the remote where that lights a lead for a second.

I want to give it a new try with the new RF firmware from 1.5.13 but will be maybe later as I already have some other projects.
Not sure the remote uses the correct modulation for good support from Homey.

0 Likes

Hi,

It is great that you are willing to give it another go. I am not in a rush so will wait for a while. My other option is to downgrade my vent from the rh version to the standard p version (pyrex 3way switch) and use a double rf switch for the medium and high position, of course this means that i also have to replace the cicuitboard of the vent

Best regards

Godard Gouda

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10

0 Likes

I once had the idea to integrate my signal analyzing project into an app. This app could learn RF signals and automatically create a signal definition for them. Like a general remote for RF. Don’t know if it’s even possible. The project went down on my todo/wish list.

2 Likes

Thats sounds great!
Vote +1 for creating an app like that

0 Likes

Well…I’m affraid it will not be me anytime soon. I’m kind of in the middle of something else right now. Anybody who would like to create such a general RF remote app, has my full support.

0 Likes

Well one of my 2019 newyears resolutions was: try to make my own app to read out my 868,3mhz pir sensors from my alarm system so I could use them in a flow.
I already used your signal analyzer last year to read out my sensors, but the last time I wrote some software is many years agoo so thats were it ended :unamused:

Any tips on how to start for creating an app (real basic)

0 Likes

What I did was: pick one of the popular (Athom) apps meeting most of your demands (search the app store).
Clone the repo from github and strip it to leave only those things u need.
I started with the KlikAanKlikUit repo.

0 Likes