I’ve been searching and searching forever without luck, so now my future smart-blind-setup rests in the hands of the Homey community
Question: How do I make my blinds smart?
I’m looking for a little inspiration/help to making my existing roller blinds smart.
What are my requirements?
- It has to be as cheap as possible
- It has to fit the 25mm inner tube diameter of the existing blinds
- It has to be a battery driven tubular motor for my blinds. So no 220V plug! (eg. ![image|674x500]
- It has to be easily integrateable into Homey
- It has to be able to be sent to Denmark
What are the current solutions
- I know that Soma is supported but I’d prefer not to have a solution where there’s an external motor that has to be fitted. This also excludes a lot of the cheap chinese external modules
- Ikea has their motorized shades but unfortunately they ar not wide enough to fit the windows.
- Jysk recently launched their electrical blinds, but they are also too narrow for my windows (200cm wide).
What have i found so far?
- I’ve searched the forum over and over without luck, and most of the topics around this are either very old or without answers
- I looked at Robb Smarrt where they had some tube motors, but they are now out of stock?
- I have looked at the Zemismart, which seems to be wxactly what I’m looking for, however they don’t seem to be supported by Homey? (Zemismart Tuya Zigbee Motor for 25mm Tube Built-in Battery Smart Life Alexa Google Home Control)
- I’ve spent hours and hours researching tubular motors, but I fear that once i get it set up, I wont be able to integrate it into Homey.
This is the final product I need to make smart in my home, so I really hope that someone has a solution for this
Thank you all in advance