[Abandoned] deCONZ

thanks I am a patient man, but until then i wait with putting the last hue lights in deconz

Today i talked to a man who was using homeassistant Same problems as in the homey app.

I just tried:

• created a scene for an existing group (the scene sets the brightness of the light in the group to 10%)
  • restart Home Assistant (otherwise it won’t pick up the group)
  • activate the scene from HA (which works, I see that it sets the light to 10%)
  • change the scene: instead of 10%, I set the brightness in the scene to 20%
  • when I save the scene, the change is immediately reflected in HA (it’s shows the light is set to 20%)
  • when I turn off the light and activate the scene again from HA, it sets the brightness to 20% as expected

So I can’t reproduce that when changing a scene in Phoscon, HA doesn’t reflect the change or I have I to (somehow) re-add the scene.

I found out, that there is a new version of ConBee II with hardware version 2.05.78 since June/July.

And for this version there are only beta image version available. Maybe this cause the problems?

That page links to an announcement for the Raspbee II, which is basically the same as the Conbee II but specifically meant to use with a Raspberry Pi (it isn’t a USB stick but connects to the GPIO header of the RPi). Because of this, it also requires different software (or at least updated software).

Yes, you’re right.

Edit: But mine ConBee II has the hardware version 2.05.78 too.

(Somewhere there was a connection between the two. :wink:)

yup, mine is at the same version. The firmware update fixed the issue with Homey app.

.79 appears to be available too.

I think that’s a beta release. The list of releases (and changes) is available here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/releases

They appear to be ‘pre-releases’… yes, I’d say that’s beta. Apparently they are going to release a new pre-release every 15th of the month.

Hi all,

Today I was looking into the Homey app store and found a deConz app (link).

Because I installed deCONZ via the cli I would like to remove this before configuring and testing the new app. My question, how to uninstall the cli version?

Thanks in advance.

When you install the app from the app store, it will overwrite the CLI-installed version.

@robertklep thanks for your response. Before asking I already installed the new app. But it did not uninstalled the previous version. I will have al look again upcoming weekend.

A little bit off-topic: I read a lot of different installations from deCONZ:

• Raspberry Pi
  • Windows
  • Docker
  • Homeassistant with deCONZ integration

I already have it working on a Raspberry Pi in combination with the Homey. Works great! Still I am looking for another setup. I have to many devices with powersupplies in my house. Now I would like to get rid of the Raspberry Pi (and IKEA bridge, and Philips Hue bridge) and starting to use docker or homeassistant for deCONZ. What would be the best? I know that no one can say “this is perfect or good”. But I am looking for a decent advice.

Currently I am also trying to finalize a homeassistant setup (installed via Synology virtual machine manager, vmdk). This works really good.

1 Like

It’s not possible to have two instances of the same app running on the same Homey, but you’re saying that’s happening for you?

There are two apps for deCONZ. One can only be installed through CLI and is not official. Works good though.
I have had it installed on a Pi, it was working great until it didn’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My SD got corrupt. That is not what you would want to happen and not the reliability you need from a home automation. So I am also searching for another solution. In general deCONZ works much better than the standard Homey zigbee. I did not even hit the range limit with the conbee stick.

Hi Robert,

As SilverApe mentioned, I used the unofficial deCONZ app on Homey. See screenshot.

When you select this app in Homey there is an option to remove the unofficial app, but I wonder if this removes all the settings that have been installed via cli.

For Homey, these are two different apps, so you will lose settings/devices anyway if you exchange one app for the other.

I know. That’s not a problem for me.

The uninstall will remove the correct files from the unofficial app? Or uninstall from cli is better?

I don’t even think you can uninstall an app from the CLI :slight_smile:

Can’t help you, but am looking forward to the community opinion!

I too have bought a Conbee 2 stick and have tested it in HomeAssistant / solo in DeConz on a RPi / and made an attempt to run it in Docker on my Synology NAS.

The latter was my goal; deleting an extra powered devise that had to be running 24/7. My NAS is already on 24/7 and it can run both HA with DeConz and even DeCONZ by itself.

Unfortunately installing DeCONZ in Docker was not as easy as I hoped; it needs to be configured in such a way that ports that are already in use by other applications are changed to free ports. I got stuck there…

But I think that that is the way to go; running HA+DeCONZ or DeCONZ solo on a devise that is already in use and highly reliable. Only downside I can think of, is that the actual zigbee antenna is not in the most ideal place. In my case my NAS is in the hallway, and in a closet.