[Abandoned] deCONZ

No, don’t have the upper options.

Interesting, it seems a few things are rendered entirely different. I guess you’re on iOS? On Android the background is animated and blurred under the pannels. I need to investigate this, maybe I need someone who has an iPhone to test;)

It moves at iPhone too. And yes it’sa iPhone. If you need me to test anything, no issue at all. Excrete with cli installing as well.

n/m just took some patience…

After having struggled with Zigbee stability ever since I started with Homey 2 months ago (on FW5), Athom support told me I might be running into the limit of the Homey CC2530 Zigbee chip with 50 devices connected.

Looking for a workable alternative, I bought a Conbee2 stick and setup deCONZ in Docker on my DS218+ Synology NAS (thanks @Martijn_Hoogenbosch). This looks very promising so far: during testing my lights respond almost instantly, instead of only after 0.5-1s. Even devices exposed to Homey through the deCONZ App still respond faster than when connected to Homey directly! :grin:

Some notes:

• Using the deCONZ App obviously introduces an additional LAN/wifi dependency (wifi is very reliable at home, no issues there)
  • Phoscon seems to be fine for basic scenarios like switches & lights (nice backup independent of Homey/Lan), but more complex automation is not possible
  • I still want keep using Homey for non-zigbee devices and for more complex flows with additional triggers/timers

I was wondering what the experience of others is:

• Have you moved all your Zigbee devices to deCONZ and added them to Homey using the App, or just a subset?
  • Has the app proven stable enough for daily use, also considering the wifi dependency
  • Other remarks/suggestions are welcome!

Something you can do with Phoscon that you can’t with Homey (also not with the deCONZ app for Homey, AFAIK) is group and bind devices together.

With grouping, you can have multiple lights (for example) act as one light. It’s not the same as with the <group> app for Homey, where under the hood Homey still has to send multiple commands (one for each device in the group), there’s just one Zigbee command that needs to be sent (“All devices in group X, turn on”). Very stable and very useful.

With binding you can connect remote control devices with lights (for example) directly, without the need for a controller (or flows/automations) in between. I have a 5-button IKEA remote bound to a group of lights in my living room, where I set up the buttons of the remote to “toggle”, “dim up”, “dim down”, “dim to 1%” and “dim to 100%”. All set up with Phoscon.

np of course!

In regards to stability; yes, it is definitely stable and reliable enough. Never had troubles with the app (except for a while ago there was a bug with groups, but that’s been sorted).

As @robertklep mentions, the button mapping is far better than with the Homey flows.

I’m starting to think the homey button mapping doesn’t really work.

I have a open/close button from Ikea and can’t bind longpress / hold at all. Still trying to figure out what’s wrong, but at some point you can’t do anything more.

I was indeed planning on using the basic switch & group functionality in Phoscon to make that part independent of Homey. Setting up switch buttons using flows is a bit of a pain anyway, and if Homey/wifi fails the lights can at least still be controlled with a couple of mini switches. :slight_smile:

Hi, Since last update, my devices are unavailable. Someone have the same problem?

Is it possible to downgrade to previous version and how can i do it?

And then you mean the update of deCONZ app on homey, or the deCONZ itself?

Since the last update of Homey app.

Have you ensured that the your deConz instance is really up and running? The last update did change absolutely nothing related to connections…

My devices are recognize in my Home Assistant integration and the states are updated in. But not available in the Homey app. If I remove a device to add it again, I get an “timed out 30,000ms” error message. I haven’t changed anything except the update.

Would be great to have a generic thermostat as well! I have this one laying around:

Unfortunately I can’t fully add it to deCONZ yet:

I found! I dont know why but in the setting Homey DeCONZ app, the IP/HOSTNAME have been change to 172.30.33.1 (while I had configured 192.168.1.47).
Will this be the case with each update?

It’s probably using the internal IP address of the Docker container that is discovered automatically on https://phoscon.de/discover. As you noticed it needs to be set to the container host LAN IP.

Make sure you don’t have “Auto Repair” enabled in the advanced config of the HomeyConz app. This caught me by surpise as well.

I just disable it. Thank you for informations.

Hi

How do i restore a backup ?

Niklas

Through the phoscon GUI.

Hi

Did have some network problem at home, homey did not find deconz , so i uninstall deconz app after downloading the backup in the app and now i want to restore the devices.

Can that be done or i need to to a Homey restore from backup ?