Homey Community Forum

Ability to select which devices contribute to Zone Activity

All kinds of devices contribute to zone activity. For example, a door/window sensor in my Kitchen cupboard or the Dishwasher door triggers the zone activity for my kitchen, so also for my Home zone. this way the Zone activity has only limited use cases. Meaningless alarms are coupled to the zone activity IMHO.

As an example:

will trigger my kitchen and home activities:

Can Athom please add a feature so users can select which alarms contribute to zone activity?

This way, my zone flows in the kitchen also work when the dishwasher door is open (I have movement and door/window sensors on my door and windows), but I have to create many separate flows for each device since the zone activity only works in a useful way when the dishwasher door is closed.

If you like this feature request, please contribute it by responding to this post, with a like/heart/… or with improvement suggestions.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, they can and i know it is added to v5 but the app need to be updated also. Please be patiënt until v5 is released full.
In the mean time move the device to a separate zone , it is the easiest workaround for now.

That would be a very helpfull addition!

1 Like

Would be nice if the user could choose, not be reliant on the app developer. Why make it specific if it could be generic? Also, I have V5 and Athom created the Bosch Siemens app itself, but I don’t see them implement their own feature for the dishwasher door?

1 Like

Fully agree, this should not be an App developer issue but a Homey firmware version solution: regardless of what the App developer does.

Thanks. BTW: According to Homey, the V5 is no longer experimental since Feb 10 2021. My Homey notified me in the timeline that on Feb 20 at 4:12am, the firmware was available for download.
Best,
Roger

Correct but Athom deployed the update in waves, I guess within days but there is no update for fe the Bosch Siemens home connect app.
I expect it in an update soon. But the developers probably need time.