Action LSC Smart Connect

I will buy some today and hope for a integration in homey, I already asked the developer of the Tuya homey app

De motion sensorren van LSC (Action)werken echt niet goed ik had er 3 gehaald en alle 3 hetzelfde probleem ik kom het ook op andere forums tegen bv een forum van Homey daar heeft iemand het over een grace periode van wel 5 minuten na iets gedetecteerd te hebben dat is wat mij betreft kansloos , ik heb hem voorzichtig uit elkaar gehaald maar nergens een stelschroefje te bekennen van binnen, ik kwam wel van een ander type iets tegen over dat je dan een klein draadje tussen 2 punten moest solderen dan zou de sensor om de 5 sec reageren ik zal zo de link nog even zoeken hier onder de link van het Homey Forum zie de reactie van Robert Klep:

Iemand die hetzelfde heeft of een oplossing ?

Iets met zelfbouw of domoticz of home assistant ?

Ja, 5 minuten is ook bij mij de grace period, ik vind het ook aan de hoge kant. Daar loop je op zich wel tegen het probleem aan dat het een WiFi-apparaat is, want WiFi vreet (relatief gezien) batterijen. Dus om toch een beetje een fatsoenlijke batterijduur eruit te persen staat het apparaat 5 minuten lang te slapen, en gaat dan pas weer rondkijken (alhoewel dat rondkijken op zich maar weinig batterij kost, pas als ie beweging detecteert moet WiFi aangezet worden). Plus dat er dus twee flinke batterijen bij zitten (CR123A’s van 1600mAh).

De Xiaomi motion sensors hebben standaard inderdaad een kortere grace period (2 minuten), en gebruiken sowieso ook veel minder batterij (want Zigbee ipv WiFi). Daarom werkt het zelfs met een 5 seconden grace (leuke truuk trouwens, ga ik uitproberen!) nog flink lang op één batterij.

Met WiFi wil je dat echt niet, dan zijn je batterijen binnen een paar dagen leeg, verwacht ik. De chip die gebruikt wordt voor het afhandelen van de PIR en de delay heeft een instelbare “trigger inhibitor” waarvan de timing gebaseerd is op een R/C paar, maar die twee zitten op de printplaat vast en zijn zo klein dat je wel heel goed moet kunnen solderen (en kijken) om ze handmatig te verwisselen:

Kortom: voor apparaten met een vaste stroomvoorziening is WiFi leuk, voor battery-powered apparaten is Z-Wave of Zigbee veel logischer.

Intresting but in English, please…

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, sorry about that!

Maybe a stupid question but if i add these devices via Google home assistant. And Google home is synchronised with homey can i control these devices in homey as well?

1 Like

Nope, only the other way around

Homey can’t control devices in Google Home, only the other way around.

Tuya has been around for a long time… still no decent app in homey. This is a mayor selling point for the homey… support a lot of cheap devices. And now they missing it…

1 Like

I ‘liked’ this :
https://community.homey.app/t/homey-community-app-requests/2713/26
I guess if a lot of people do this, it will help?
Problem with tuya: every brand gives it an other name… But they all work with tuya en the smartlife app

2 Likes

I also asked the developer of the Tua app for NEO coolcam

https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.rebtor.tuya

1 Like

Hi Lisette, I have bought 6 LSC lightbulbs (filament) and they have very nice light. For the rest I have everything from Hue. I’m very curious how you’ve managed to put your bulbs through IFTTT and added a flow in Homey? I can’t find it, no recipe or preinstalled or what so ever…Only a button to have them on/off, but I want to have them switched off via Homey, together with my Hue etc. Could you please send me your flow, and the step by step information? Thanks!

Can anyone help I brought 2 smart lights lSC I can not get them 2 work if had them blinking rapidly and slowly no hope any help would be appreciated

Today I have buy 6 filament led lamps and 2 switches at the Action.
The app works great. You can dim the light and change te color from white to warm.
I have add my account in Google Home and use the Smart Life device from the list.
Now I can turn on and off and dim the lights bij give the commando’s in GA.
I can do this just in Dutch and it works fine!

There is no native homey support for these devices, you can only use them with the tuya smartphone app.

Wrong. You can us Google Home and assistent.
It works fine for me.
Read my reaction above you

1. Install the IFTTT app on Homey
  2. Create a new flow
  3. For “When…” add a trigger, for example Hue switch on-button pressed
  4. For “Then…” add a the IFTTT “Start applet” card and add a text, for example “livingroom_on”
  5. Create a new applet in ITTT (right top of screen)
  6. For “If…” choose Homey -> “A flow has been started” -> “livingroom_on”
  7. For “Then…” choose Smart life -> “Turn on” (for example) -> click one of your LSC smart lights

Now you should be able to turn on your LSC light with your Hue switch. Hope it works! Let me know if something is unclear :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I would then have the next question: how should this door sensor and the siren work together? If you unlock the door and then enter the apartment, the siren starts to sound immediately! But that would be stupid somehow. How can you do it so that no sound comes when the door opens? I hope someone knows the answer!

Just as info, you can also use the LSC Smart Connect App? I just do not know if there are those in the Netherlands or in England? I’m from Germany!

I just managed to flash Tasmota firmware on the LSC Smart Power Plug. It was actually pretty easy.

Two screws holding the unit together, and when open the required contact points are easily accessible. I didn’t bother to solder to the small pads, so I made a small adapter with pins that can be pressed onto the contacts. Then I connected everything to a FTDI-adapter and my Mac.

With the use of NodeMCU PyFlasher I was able to flash the Tasmota firmware on it in no time.

Now the plug can be controlled using MQTT, and of course Homey.

7 Likes