Action LSC Smart Connect

It’s a generic error that a function in the code can’t be found. Looked at the code, found the bug and fixed it. New version is on Github.

But this error only occurs when login is not succesfull. So there is something wrong with your credentials, country code or Business. Be sure that you are using the correct settings.

In your case the Business has te be “Smart Life”.

The countrycode is a mandatory API field, but in tests I could use other countrycodes without problem. I think Tuya is using this countrycode to determine the region you are in. There are currently three regions: Asia, Europe and US. All three regions have there own API server. After succesfull login, Tuya returns the region to use, and the app will connect to a server in the returned region.
So if you are sure your credentials are correct, you can try another country code to see if this works.

For those still looking for a solution these device’s can be modified to the sonoff-tesmota FW (or any other FW)

You will need to know a bit on how to use linux but its easy enough

More info can be found here: https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert

Hi,
Please how did you put the device in Flash Mode ?
I’m not finding it (I trying Shelly way, but not working)
Please some help

hi, I have a light of the action, and have downloaded the tuya app, but what do I enter in key?!
image|375x500

hi thanks for your comment, i think i’m too used to apple in which everything connects instantly, i brought the lamp back it seems too complicated to me, i’m gonna try the hue lamp tomorrow,

Hahaha, :slight_smile: The great thing about apple is that everything is easy to connect, but there are also other great brands, just explain what you are used to and find what you like best :wink:

1 Like

I just tried to connect 2 of my LSC Smart Filament LED’s to Homey. I used the ID and IP which are displayed in the Tuya app. I generated the keys via this instruction: https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi/blob/master/docs/SETUP.md. So far so good…

In the Homey app there are errors at the two devices I just added: “Device temporarily unavailable”. The Tuya app isn’t running on the background and I tried to reset all the devices; no luck.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Hè Jurgen, I use your app tuya cloud for my Lsc lights, adding them to Homey worked fine. Totday I wanted to add Some switches. I got the massage to configure the app, so I went to the apps. My account settings were correct and when I wanted to reconnect I received the message Error: cannot read property brightness of undefined. What now? Don’t know what I’m doing wrong…

I have the same problem as you Wolter.
Did also tryed the same things.

Hope there will be a solution :slight_smile:

I received some feedback from the developer. When you add a new device you should not enter an IP, only the ID and key.

I added the devices again in Homey and it works, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks i have also tryed this but for me it dint work :frowning:
I will also contact the developer thanks!

Sorry for late reaction. Can you send screenprints of the device settings in Tuya/Smartlife mobile app and also for Homey? I will have to investigate this further.

I looked deeper in your error message and found out that this error also is reported on Home assistant forum. There is been a change in the API to support newer devices. The screenprints would still help to solve the error, I can’t reproduce it on my environment.

Thanks for your replay, I installed the tuya cloud app again (2 times this week) on my homey and for now it’s solved, I realy like your app more then the tuya app btw :blush:

1 Like

If the problem will happen again I will make screenshots!

1 Like

Good tot hear it’s solved now. :+1:

Jurgen,

I have the same problem as Wolter.

I went through all the steps, but he is not available in the homey app.

help me please, haha:smiley:

Wolter is using the Tuya app for local connection, which app are you using? The app I made is using the Tuya cloud.

I am using this one…

Thats the local Tuya app made by Rens Brandwijk. But Wolter last answere was to remove and add the device again, but without IP, only ID and key. If this is not working for you, you could try to contact Rens Brandwijk.

1 Like