Add Z-Wave device non-secure?

Where should that be added? Maybe i will try to do this with my V2 Coolcam plugs. The new versions automatically add as secure and i don’t want that…

I have added the line above the

“zwaveAllianceProductId”:[xxxx],

It seems to vary in what file that line is from app to app.

Should be in the Z-wave object; position is not relevant. Have updated the Heatit app to resolve the issues with S2 security…

Ok. I looked how Athom did it for sensors in their Fibaro app. Guess that if you have devices that should be added as secure and non secure you have to add the line for each different device?
I don’t know much about this so please, be gentle in your reply if I’m wrong. :wink:

Thank you so much. After doing this for the FGT-001 (Fibaro Heat Controlers) they finally stay online. While included as secure device they would go offline all the time. Now when I added them as unsecure devices they work as they should.

I tried this “trick” in the Neo Coolcam app and it works fine. Now the new V2 plugs are added as unsecured instead of secure. They are much more reliable now and generate way less communication.

In the file app.json I added ““includeSecure”: false,” under the the “id”: “NAS-WR01ZE”, section just before the line with “learnmode”:

1 Like

How you do non secure with these?

Do anyone have an instruction on how to modify fx the Telldus app to accept non secure communications?
I am not a programmer and know very little about CLI… :slight_smile:

1. Go to GitHub and download the project (Clone or download -> Download ZIP).

2. Unzip the downloaded project and open app.json in a text editor. I use Atom.

3. At line 481, add "includeSecure": false,.

4. For the installation of your modification, follow the excellent guide from @HansieNL.

Good luck and ask if you need/want more info.

EDIT This instructions is for the Telldus mini. If you need to include another device as non secure, make the modification in the same file but in the section in the file for that specific device.

2 Likes

Fantastic, thank you very much! I will definitively give it a go…
Anyone else experiencing problems same as mine?
I have a Homey controlled by Google Home and especially controlling grouped devices are causing problems where I have to retry on/off commands several times.
Maybe I am wrong assuming the root problem is because of the secure option for my devices?

I can not really follow the discussion Secure / Unsecure!

Does that mean the homey has problems with secure included devices? Half of my 90 Z-Wave devices are secure!

But I can not find any problems?

If you don’t have/experience any problems, do nothing then. :slight_smile:

I done this to the fibaro app, installed fine. Now trying with Robb smart, getting this error. Just added the unsecure add to z-wave products of course. Anyone understands why?

C:\Users\Ryv\Downloads\nl.ROBBshop.ROBB-smarrt-master\nl.ROBBshop.ROBB-smarrt-master>homey app install
✓ Pre-processing app…
Error in app.json:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token � in JSON at position 22665

edit: Same error with me.zwave app. In fibaro I put it in before “learnmode”, some other explanation where it should be put if that is the problem?

Could you place the part of your code here? There seems to be a wrong or missing character somewhere.

I found the problem. I copy pasted the line from Peters post, is in cursive :slight_smile:

Hi

I have tried this several times with the fibaro app for the dimmer 2 (id: FGD-212)

Everything goes well, but every time I have installed the app on Homey, the app.json file on the PC changes back to original and the “inculdeSecure” line has disappeared.

The app has been successfully installed but does not include the new “inculdeSecure line”

What am I doing wrong

I don’t get it. You change the file on tour PC, upload the app to your Homey and then the edited file on your PC has gone back to the original file? Sounds very strange.

That is normal / expected behavior.
The Fibaro app, and many other apps with a large number of devices, uses the built in compose function of the CLI to build the app (app.json) manifest during installation.

So you’ll need to make the changes not in app.json (which will be recomposed), but in /drivers/FGD-212/driver.compose.json

5 Likes

Good to know for the future. Thanks for explaining.

You’re the man! :raised_hands:

Thanx!!!