Alexa and Homey Problems

Please be aware that server connection probably doesn’t interfere with alexa controlling homey devices but when your server is not the right one, you loose the possibility to control your alexa with homey (triggers such alexa says, or lower the volume etc)

Hi,

For me most of devices are back in Alexa except temperature sensors. The 2 kinds I have in 2 different apps (homewizard & Xiaomi) are okay in Homey but Alexa always say they are not responding.

All my devices are still unavailable.
I tried al the suggestions…nothing works.

My devices also still show device is unresponsive on the Alexa app. However when I give a voice command it goes through. Don’t know what’s wrong and what athom is doing to fit it.

1 Like

@Murtaza_Biggy, this exactly the same thing that happens to me.

I have the same issue, with my first gen homey.
All of my devices are unresponsive, not just one I recently added.
I expect it will be fixed as soon as possible :+1:

I suggest you, and everybody that still has the problem, to open a call at ATHOM support. I don’t know if they think that the problem is solved already.

this is exactly what I have.

Same problem here, every device is unresponsive but does work.

I have the same issue.

All my devices connected to Homey are unresponsive via my Echos. I have a range of Fibaro and other heating smart things.

It looks like it’s been a week since Athom confirmed they were aware. I’ve tweeted them, I will leave a note elsewhere.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Hey all I’m still trying with homey support and not really getting anywhere. Anyone else had any luck?

Hi, despite on alexa app the message that the device is not responding is still there, alexa then manages anyway to control the device, even if more slowly. At least in my case

Thanks for replying. It’s not working at all for me - either on Alexa or Siri. They both say they’re doing the command, but nothing actually happens. :frowning:

Hi all,

Exactly the same here in France.
I haven’t any device responding on the alexa app.
But I can control them by the voice and I can switch on lights on the app nevertheless. Only the message that device is not responding.
For temperature sensors, of course I can’t have the result.

Everything is working fine on google home.

It’s also important to said that the alexa app on homey is no more working… I can’t see my Echo on homey…

If homey is reading me, nos it’s possible to have the state of xiaomi home presence sensor on the alexa app. I think that it should be possible to have Xiaomi aqara sensor in the homey that could be seen on alexa app.

Best regards

@Olivier_Chastagner, hi, with reference to the homey side, did you try to re-configure the app, it happens quite often if you restart homey or if internet connection is lost, that Alexa app, on homey, looses the connection with Amazon server. If this is the case it should be sufficient to re-configure as at the beginning. Better on an android device, on my iPad something goes wrong quite often. Please note to connect to the correct server, other wise you will have problem when you want homey to controll alexa.

I’ve restarted the whole of homey by turning upside down and reinstalling etc. I don’t have any android devices however. I used the Alexa app to do, and still Alexa (nor Siri) voice controls or apps work. I can get the devices to respond on the homey app though.

Hi. The alexa app is now ok. I tried what you told me…

But unfortunately, un the other way, homey device are not responding to homey.
The problem is not solved by homey.

Best regards

Every homey device are no more responding.
No problem with other device.
I tried to restart homey
I removed homey skill app on Alexa and add it again.

It’s no more working :frowning:

I’m on european server .

Did anyone succeed to get it work again ?

Same here, all devices are down. Server is unresponsive.
Edit: Voice control isn’t working

Hi @Zork9999, currently I continue to have alla devices (in Alexa app) with the indication that devices is not responding, however I can command them, both by voice and through the app. The problem is to understand if this is an Alexa app problem or an homey one.