Homey Community Forum

Alexa Integration (v2)

This is really missing

• Allow filtering of devices, e.g. a boolean setting on each device
  • Allow setting an Alexa device name. I don’t name devices fully, as icon and location give a good indication of what it is. This doesn’t work if I need to address them uniquely by natural language. Yes, I could rename them in Alexa afterwards but … :slight_smile:
  • Push flows as scenes (routines?)

Actually I would love to implement that, but there is no lifecycle hooks available that would allow such a customisation.

Thanks
Markus

However the Alexa skill is a closed source skill written by Athom, so we will just have to wait for enough people to request these items. Personally I really really want to ask alexa if any windows are open, or to let me know when I say good night.

As this is a community forum, which Athom likely will not read, your best bet is to submit a request : https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new the more people who do so, the better.

If I understand correctly that first request of adding Homey contact sensors is very useful. That’s because Alexa can use the state change of these to onwardly control it’s known devices. So if some device has a skill available on Alexa (typically via cloud API) you can then control that device from Homey.

Correct, also smart home controllers are not just about ‘setting’ values but also reporting values back.

With Alexa/Google taking over the ‘speech’ the deeper linking between it and Homey the better.

would be really nice if it would work better. If ti would work with teh away status from homey etc.