Homey Community

Alexa & Spanish skill

Hi, Is there any plans to launch Amazon Alexa skill for Homey in Spain?

I guess Homey itself would first be needed to be translated into Spanish, as Spanish to something English is not going to work.
There is no timeline for any translations.

You can find some more information here :

and

But generally speaking no plans to launch an Alexa skill for Homey in Spanish have been announced to the community.

Thanks for your replies and sorry for my poor english I’m from Spain and is not my first language, but I understand english language.

My question to enable Amazon skills was to able have all my Homey devices exposed in Alexa, and controlled from it.

I think there’s no need to translate Homey on another language because is Alexa who controls them and send commands to Homey: https://developer.amazon.com/es/docs/smarthome/understand-the-smart-home-skill-api.html

Hi Ruben and everyone,

I received my Homey device today and was expecting to use it the same as you. I was thinking if switching Alexa to English language, install the Homey skill and then switch back to Spanish will do the trick… Anyone knows?

I don’t think that would work, in order to change a devices language you need to hard reset it.

I do however currently have one alexa device running en_AU while the others all run en_US, but I am unable to install en_AU skills upon it.

But I could be wrong, i’ve only played around with switching from American to Australian, English to Spanish might be different.

Good Luck