[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

I always find that Alexa and homey have difficulties. But still. Alexa having say the weather from homey. Hmm’m :smirk:

Send a little donation. I really like to test your app on my Echo Dots:)
An invitation to the alpha app would be great :slight_smile:

Hi Belinda,

Thank you for the donation.

Couple of quick questions : What Alexa devices do you have (including which generation they are if possible), and which country are your alexa devices connected to? amazon.com, australia, german?

Thanks

I’m quite new how to use these new forums. I have look all over this thread and on your github profile… where do I sideload the public version of this app? maybe a stupid question but I’m so exited.

Once he releases the beta we can sideload it. But it will be explained then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Due to a very recent change linking to devices which are upon the European Amazon Alexa server has been much more difficult then expected.

It will be possible, but will take longer then originally estimated.

The good news is that the app seems to be very stable and working well for all Alpha testers which are all on the USA server.

If any one I have contacted who is currently on a DE server who is happy to change to a US account, please let me know and ill add you immediately to the alpha.

1 Like

hmm, if you need someone for usa testing or DE testing, I can help :slight_smile: with 2 echo dots 2gen

For a DE testing on german Account (without moving to us) i can help, too. I can test with echo show 1 and 2 gen, echo dot 2 and 3 gen and echo plus (last gen).

I can also Test.

Hi Jamie a great project. I would love to see this coming to the appstore in the near term.
Happy to help testing if needed.
A donation is underway.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I’ve been busy on other (homey app) projects, but had a break through last night which shows proof of concept for allowing users to change which server they are connected to.

Ill likely be doing a final update this week for the US alpha testers before adding the EU server :soon:

3 Likes

Can’t wait for it^^. Soon gonna have a 2nd gen and 3 gen dot ^^

i am really curious Jamie!

UK - User and donated to help you along the way :)…although once brexit is here …Which server will we use lol

4 Likes

Every donation counts right? Donation has been made.
Can’t wait ti try it in…especially once I have more than 1 alexa

Haha
You’ll get your own one :joy:

Thanks everyone,

I’ve just pushed out a new release version 1.1.1 to the alpha channel.

First the good news :

This is the final structure and devices added in 1.1.1 will work for the foreseeable future. This means you can start creating flows with confidence that they will not need to be changed.

The Bad news :

If you previously added a device on the first alpha, you will need to remove it and re-add it.

While testing please avoid the app/settings page, as any work in there is more for supporting other servers in the near future.

As always please let me know if any issues.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

1.1.4 has been released which fixes a bug which meant only echo.gen2 devices could create flows with TTS/news/weather/whispering/etc.

1 Like

Confirming 1.1.4 fixes the problems with making flows on my echo dot gen 2.

Thanks!

1.1.5 has been released which supports the Echo Show (gen1) and Echo show (gen2). This completes the devices which will be supported at launch.

7 Likes