[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hey, no I can not place my own images upon devices with screens at this stage. Technically it might be possible to change the background - image … but I would suggest you use the Alexa app for that :slight_smile:

I haven’t looked at what happens on devices with a display when you turn on a smart home device - I’ll check it out and get back to you :slight_smile:

Awesome sir! Time to test

Sorry, but I can‘t get any echo to work with the last release. Is it only me? The flows all show as correct and executed but no led ring at the echos spins and nothing is said/reported etc.

I deinstalled the app and did a ptp and reinstalled the app. Also I disconnected the Amazon homey under devices in the amazon account. But I checked the „remember me“ the first time I I stalled the now 1.4.0 version of the app. And now I don‘t habe to do my 2form id login anymore.

Maybe someone here with the same problems?

The app hangs sometimes anderen I have to reboot the app (mit homey). Bitte my gen3 Dots are working with 1.4.0

@Jamie
Is it possible in the future to send a “listen” command to Alexa?

Maybe somebody comes home, Alexa say her welcome report and after that she starts listening for a new command.

Hey Phil,

I’ve received yours and one other submitted log (US) server. Unfortunately until i’m contacted I have no idea who or why they are submitted.

I also received a couple of messages from people that when connecting via the add device they get the message ‘options undefined’ - which I am looking into.

I have just quickly installed the app, connected (via settings to US) added a Spot device and tested Alexa Says, Homey Says and Alexa Reports (Good Morning) flows. It worked, but that doesn’t mean anything. This is why we have alpha testing so we can find all these issues.

Unfortunately there is a unhelpful culture of people in homey raising their hands to be testers just so they can get their hands on new features.

For example there are over 100 beta testers on the Group app, I released a set of new features and a big speed improvement … and over a week not a single person messaged me to tell me if it worked or did not.

If you having a problem please let me know either here as Phil has, or by message or upon slack. If you send a log to me, please contact me and let me know why you sent it - ideally with as much detail as possible.

Sometime letting us know what is working is also important, I don’t own most of these devices and I don’t have an EU account. With out the help of the community I will have to remove any devices which I don’t own as well as any servers I can’t test.

1.4.0 Added some additional capabilities to devices for use in the future. Changed the way the options were being sent to the connection. And fixed a problem where after changing your connection any connected already devices continued to use the ‘old’ connection. Added a websocket connection to the alexa server which gets notified when changes happen upon a device. Fixed the name of some of the Homey Says flow action voices, which were wrongly displayed as Joe (US English)

2 Likes

Also @PhilS according to your log … your connecting to the US server and not the EU server. - Which is why you are able to connect, add devices - but not send commands :slight_smile:

Ok, that was a thought off me too and I controlled the settings a few times. I took always the European setting. But every time I come again to the settings the us settings are set. So I don’t know if the app set my du settings or always for get it.

By the way, I wrote yesterday a few times on slack dm to you.

What way to you prefer @Jamie? Here or slack.
Greedings :grinning:

There is a workaround for this issue that worked for me. First create a connection to the server via app setting page and after that try to add the device.

Thanks for the work around and testing @mabe and thanks toe @Marc_A for finding a bug in 1.4.1 so I could quickly squash it.

1.4.2 has just been released, it will fix the issue where when adding a device and alexa not having a connection an error is thrown. It will also attempt to fix the issue where some EU users where changing the server but the settings were not being updated.

Finally @Adrian_Heijden commands which turn on smart devices through Alexa come from 'amazon; and not a specific device, So im sorry to say that the interface does not show (nor can I make it).

1 Like

Good news and thank you Jamie :+1:

Installed 1.4.2 today from scratch. Added my 3 echo dot gen 2 simultaneously again and that went smooth. Tried all the options that are available for usage in flows and that also works great!

Playing news report etc. works also. Only stopping the traffic and weather report doesn’t work.

I noticed that when playing music on the Dot, I don’t see a cover art on the device page on Homey. Don’t know if that is supposed to show anything and I must say I don’t use it anyway, but just to let you know). @Jamie

Hey @Skorpion Currently album art is not support - it may be added at a later date - but honestly its pretty crappy, the album art I have been able to access is like 25x25px :frowning: I might instead show an image for which service you are using (spotify, tuneIn, pandoria etc). - But thats for later.

I have just released version 1.4.3 - It does not require any changes by anyone. (unless your still on 1.3).

I am currently looking for more people who have three or more Echo Dot Gen3 devices who can help me test / fix a bug.

I am also looking for anyone who is connected to Alexa server in Great Britain, Japan, Australia or Spain.

For people interested in the 1.4.3 details :

1. It fixes an issue where opening the amazon login page and then leaving with out logging in - could only be done once with our having to restart to app.
  2. The connection screen should no longer ‘flash’ up briefly when you are attempting to add a device and are connected.
  3. Minor style adjustment to connection screen, and both driver connect and setting connect now are identical.
  4. Change to how the gateway is access from the driver connect.
3 Likes

Hi Jamie

I have a few echo dot gen 3 devices, a Sonos one Alexa speaker and an echo spot. I’m in the UK. I’d be happy to help in your testing and provide necessary feedback.

2 Likes

1.4.4 has been released

It contains mostly stability fixes, as well as a new flow trigger - which is triggered when the app looses its connection to the amazon server. As well as a audit which runs to check the authentication of the user. It also adds a new server for the ‘Far East’ - that being Asia and Oceania

• Add flow trigger for disconnection
  • Adds a check to check to ensure that the user is authenticated.
  • All devices will now receive volume updates
  • Adds far east server for Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
  • Prep work for the Sonos One and Sonos Beam
3 Likes

1.5.0 Has been released!

• Adds Sonos One Devices
  • Adds Sonos Bram Devices
  • Ecobee gets a new Icon
  • Additional information is show in the advance settings
  • Contains a fix for the disconnect flow trigger.

Just a heads up - there likely will be no more updates for a while. Ill continue working on the app, but I want to test the longevity of the connections when its not interrupted by app installs.

I am also interested in feedback from people with the Ech Dot (gen1) as I have been unable to verify the the unique identifier I was able to hunt down. – Does it add and work correctly?

I am also still looking for an Australian, New Zeland or someone from Japan to test the new ‘Far East’ server.

6 Likes

That sounds great. But it means it will take longer until it will public available as beta. I can’t wait to test it.

I wonder the same thing, I can wait to try the app

Just a little patience. Jamie will release a beta soon. There is just a little thing to investigate.

1.5.2 has been released which adds support for the Sonos One - Gen2. or "Second Edition’.

4 Likes

Hi!
Is it possible to send direct messages to Alexa units
like in hass.io, homeassistant?
See picture.Screenshot_20190417-065641_Chrome%20Beta