[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

If you need more testers :smiley: Would love to try out my gen 2 Echo dot with it. I have 70+ devices in my homey so I see a lot of potential with this app <3 If what and everyone else is saying Im very impressed and exited of this app

sorry i was on holiay :see_no_evil:
here is the screenshot

image1.png

• echo dot gen2

• echo dot gen3

• echo gen 2

meinem iPhone gesendet

2.1.2rc-7

same error

Hi,

Du musst auf App konfigurieren klicken und dich wieder neu bei Amazon anmelden. Nach der Anmeldung mĆ¼sste bei allen GerƤte nach ein paar Sekunden das Ausrufezeichen weggehen.

Der Fehler, dass er die Verbindung zu Amazon verliert oder nach einem Neustart nicht selbststƤndig herstellen kann ist bekannt

Has anyone (alpha testers) had an issue, where after a while (but with in 48 hours days) their devices stop ā€˜speakingā€™ - how ever the app remains connected?

(other then phil and oskar)

I noticed this kind of behaviour yesterday but I thought it was caused by internet connectivity problems I experienced during weekend. So I have not reported it to you yet. I have solved it by disconnect&connect on the setting page.

Running: Homey v2.1.2-rc7, app v1.5.2, Echo Dot 3rd get

i test this later for the next 48h and will report if it stops working in this time

Yes, not disconnected but stops speaking.

Have not had that error

When did you first notice this behaviour, and does restarting the app and waiting a couple of minutes (for the connection to be remade) resolve the issue with out requiring a full login?

Hard to say when it first occured, as Iā€™ve had a lot of other issues (not related to this app) during the last month or so. But Iā€™d say it was before 1.5.2

However, it is solved by disconnecting and reconnecting. Living in Europe, but with a US/NA amazon-account (and both US-purchased as well as domestic purchased units) I login with the NA -servers. They appear to be working better/longer than the EU one for me.

Not yet :slight_smile:

so my alexa devices dont speak after 24h , too

I can confirm, I also have the problem - after 24-48 hours the Echo Dot does not TTS.

I am a bit suspicious that on homey version 2.1.2-rc5 it worked well, but with 2.1.2-rc7 it stopped working again. But I cannot prove it. Now I am on final v2.1.2 and will let you know next dayā€¦

The last time the app was updated was about a month ago.

Was everyone experiencing this issue 3 weeks ago?

Or to put in in perspective, did anyone experience this issue before Easter?

Sadly I donā€™t have a good answer on that one. For me it feels like it may have been an issue before the last release, although as I have no logs on the issue Iā€™m unable to say definitively.

I reboot homey every night.
The app starts and works fine since a week now.

Before Easter I had the problems that the app disconnect after a day

Hey @The_Be it would be great if you could let me know how long your solution works for.

I understand restarting homey every 24 hours is not a permanent solution, but it will give me an idea of where to look for the issue.

Thanks.

Just confirming - after 24 hours the Echo Dot stops speaking, changing the volume. Only Play on/off works (i.e. starting/stopping a Spotify Connect playback).

How should I get started? Just made a small donation and will donate more if/when I get it working!
In the UK and owns Echo Spot, Sonos One (Gen 1 and Gen 2) and Sonos Beam for testing. Thanks!