[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

i think i am the only one who has problems with the latest alpha. my tts stops working after a while without to disconnect the app.

@Jamie is thoroughly investigating but we all don’t know why it only hits me.

I think Jamie could open it to beta in the next few days when i am really the only one.
i don’t want to be the one why this app will never be see the lights :slight_smile:

I think @PhilS means thoroughly (gründlich) not hardly (kaum) :wink:

1 Like

LOL yes that was direct translated from german and not correct.
thx @DaneedeKruyff i will correct

i had to say that Jamie works hard to fix the problem

As mentioned,
It seems that 2FA (2 factor authorization) - is an issue but we are working on a work around for that.

Other then that i’m just waiting on the all clear from the alpha testers, once everyone :eyes: in the alpha lets me know that its working (with app restarts), ill fix the settings page, lock down the drivers and release a Release Candidate, which once signed off will become the beta.

I want to release it to beta as much as you want it in beta, so that I can start releasing the alexa smart devices into homey.

To facilitate this i think ill be updating the first post with a list of each testers status.

3 Likes

Thanks Jamie. Very much appreciated.

1.6 - Sign off that the connection from Homey to Alexa is stable with out requiring the app or homey be restarted.

User Server Status Notes
@jamie US :heavy_check_mark:
@autolycos US :heavy_check_mark:
@Oskar_Brink US :heavy_multiplication_x: Alexa stays connected TTS drops out. No 2FA.
@Skorpion US :heavy_check_mark: Uses 2FA
@Moek US :grey_question:
@JB2K US :grey_question:
@mabe US :grey_question:
@Marc_A US :heavy_multiplication_x: TSS drops after 5-6 hours, requires app restart
@uveX US :grey_question:
@rvst1 EU :grey_question:
@PhilS EU :heavy_multiplication_x: Uses 2FA - investigating work around
@The_Be EU :heavy_multiplication_x: Connect lost 4-5 times a day, no reconnect flow
@Graham_Kingston EU(?) :grey_question:
@victoroos US :grey_question:
@Novatrust EU :heavy_check_mark: Issues with Show5, resolved.
xAPPO Reserved
@brot123 US :grey_question:
@VIC EU :grey_question:
@gagga EU :heavy_check_mark:
@Viorel_Dimitrescu EU :heavy_check_mark:
@WouterD EU :grey_question: Stopped working
@mapulu EU :heavy_check_mark:
@colin_foster FE :heavy_check_mark: Far East (AU/JP) tester

i will update to homey firmware 2.5.0-rc7 this evening…

Works fine here!

Works fine

Server EU ok
Alexa Connection ok
tts works only 5-6h the app must be restart

Hi all, anywhere I can download It?
Would like to test this :grin:

Thx,
Ron

Thank you Roy,

I’ve asked Jamie

Grts
Ron

1 Like

All good in Australia mate. No issues at all :+1:

Great work Jamie.
The App works stable for me. TTS, wheather repport, works perfekt with bouth commands, alexa and homey. The volume control seems to have some moments, where is not 100% reliable, but can be my Internet connection.
Running it in Germany on Echo Dot, Echo and Echo show.
@Jamie I am missing the “Stop” command in flows, wild nice to include it in the next update, if possible.

Hi Ron, and others I as you can see there are plenty of alpha testers currently. However once the app goes into beta testing I’m sure some people will no longer be interested and I will be looking for new alpha testers.

Thanks

@Marc_A

Are you using two factor authentication, or can you think of anything different about your account to what others ( who are working) May have?

Hi Jamie,
Any idea when a bèta Will be available?
(no rush :wink:)

Thx

Please read my post from yesterday.

Seems to work fine for me but only been using it since this morning. I am actually using the US server since I use a US Alexa account that seemed a logical choice (reason for US account is so I don’t get those German ads AND to get Alexa guard).
A couple of things I noticed as a first user:

• When doing the initial setup, and having more than 1 device I suppose, you get a question “Select the device you…” that text ending with “…” seems a little vague and should probably be something like “Select the devices you want to connect” but maybe that’s too long? Anyway I did manage to select all of them haha, so no issue
  • The first few (10?) times I used the Alexa Says from homey, Alexa added the “Simon says” blabla. It didn’t do that in Whisper or Announce, BUT after a while it didn’t do it anymore in Speak mode either… so more something for first time users…
  • I did try to add the firestick TV but it didn’t find any devices when I did the fire… search. Anyway not a problem for me.
    Good work I love it and I’m no longer using the (bad) Homey voice, all is through my Echo’s now… Thanks @Jamie

Hy @Jamie on 2.5.0. Rc7 the app stops weithin 24 hohes.
Heer the diagnose repport:
3920fbf9-9438-49ec-aca8-13999c22954b

Could it be that this is the reason:

Updated to Rc.9, I will repport after testing.