[APP] Android IP Webcam [needs other developer]

ipwebcam

Android IP Webcam for Homey

App Store Page : https://homey.app/a/android.ipwebcam/

Description

Use Homey together with Android IP Webcam ( Ad Supported Version or Pro Version by Pavel Khlebovich ©). With Android IP Webcam you can turn any smartphone or tablet into a security camera or baby monitor that detects motion and sound and luminance (depends on available sensors in your Android device). With the Homey app for Android IP Webcamera you can respond to these triggers and control the camera options.

Instructions

Install and configure IP Webcam

Install IP Webcam from Google Playstore. Please consider installing the Pro version to support the author of this app. Open the app and configure at least the following options.

• enable motion and sound detection (timeout of 5 seconds is usually good, sensitity is personal, try to find your optimal settings)
  • enable data logging (data retention of 5 seconds is good, at least enable motion, sound, battery and light sensor)
  • local broadcast (make sure you set a static IP in your router for this Android device, set the listening port in the options and optionally a usename / password)
  • start the server

Add your IP Webcam as device in Homey

After you have set up IP Webcam on your Android device you can add it as device within Homey like any other device. You will need to fill in the IP address, optional username & password and a poll frequency. The default polling frequency is 5 seconds. You can find the IP address in your Android device by clicking the cogwheel under the WiFi settings.

Setting up email

To be able to send snapshots through email you will need to configure an email account which sends out the email. In the general settings of the Homey IP Webcam App there is a section to configure your email account. Please pay attention to the extra information when adding a Gmail account, this requires you to use a specific app password which needs to be setup within your Google account.

Looking for another developer

I’m not using this app myself anymore. Therefor I’m looking for a developer that is interested in taking over development.

Donations

I enjoy creating apps for Homey and try to support them as best as I can. If you enjoy using my apps a donation in return for the time I put into this is much appreciated.

Changelog

v3.0.4 - 2021-05-11

Update of underlying library to patch a security vunerability, no functional changes.

v3.0.3 - 2021-03-11

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Minor improvements

v.1.3.8 - 2020-04-14

Small code improvements, no functional changes.

v.1.3.6 - 2019-11-14

Moved installation instructions from app store to support topic.

v1.3.4 - 2019-09-26

FIX: made app dependent on Homey firmware 3.x after adding support for Homey Energy Manager and using a feature not yet included in Homey firmware 2.5.x

v1.3.3 - 2019-09-22

IMPROVEMENT: add battery type for future support of Homey Energy Manager (firmware 3.x)

v1.3.2 - 2019-08-17

• IMPROVEMENT: do not throw error when light sensor is missing but set it to 0 as default (and allow support for devices that do not have a light sensor)

v1.3.1 - 2019-07-16

• IMPROVEMENT: prevent errors when not all data logs are available or enabled (thanx to pmolensky for pull request)

v1.3.0 - 2019-05-24

• IMPROVEMENT: support for the new devices / driver images. The update will only install on firmware 2.2.0 and up.

v1.2.8 - 2019-03-04

• FIX: improvements to pairing and settings template for firmware 2.x
  • FIX: code improvements to avoid continous spinner on email snapshot action card

v1.2.7 - 2018-12-14

FIX: update compatibility to enable install on Homey firmware v2.x

v1.2.6 - 2018-09-08

REFACTORING: switched from request node module to node-fetch (reduced footprint from 8MB to 1MB)

v1.2.5 - 2018-08-22

• UPDATE: updated app manifest to include id of new forum support topic
  • UPDATE: updated node packages to latest versions

v1.2.4 -2018-04-26

UPDATE: updated dependencies to fix security issue in on of the packages, no functionality changes

I get an UNREACHABLE error after about 15 sec in Homey app - is this a known issue ?

This mostly happens because the setup instructions have not been followed correctly or the device is missing a sensor needed for this app to function. If you are 100% sure you have followed the instructions correctly you can save the output of http://<<your_ip_webcamip>>:<<ip_webcam_port>>/sensors.json in a textfile and send it to me as zip file and I’ll have a look what is going on.

Hello @Phuturist and thank you for your work on this app! I get the same as @MarkLajer mentioned. I set up device, press “test connection” all is good. Save camera and after 8 seconds approximately the device is offline. I can access the camera from my desktop browser without any problems. Motion detection works, when tested via browser control page. But device still offline in Android IP Webcam App. Says “Device is unavailable” Unreachable.

I have a brand new Homey. Camera is running on Galaxy S7 phone.

The output of sensors.json you mention above is just empty brackets: {}

Have you enabled data logging in the IP Webcam settings?

Ahh, had not. Have now. Log file can be seen here: https://we.tl/t-4uGlBmkO8n

You are missing the soundevent and sound alarm nodes. Either your phone does not have a microphone or you have not enabled sound alarm in IP Webcam. I assume it’s the latter. Please follow all the steps from the description in the app store.

That did it! Thanks a lot for great support!

You’re welcome. Thank you for your donation, much appreciated! :pray:

v1.3.0 - 2019-05-24

• IMPROVEMENT: support for the new devices / driver images. The update will only install on firmware 2.2.0 and up.

Is there any way to install the 1.2.8 version? I’m trying to stay on the stable homey releases and 2.2.0 is still not out which means I can’t install this app right now.

You could do a command line install (search the forum for it) and install the previous release which can be downloaded from the releases tab on GitHub (link to GitHub in the app description in the app store).

doesn’t want install on newest Homey software

You will have to wait till firmware 2.2.x is released to stable or install the experimental firmware 2.2.x or install an older release through the command line using GitHub.

Firmware 2.2.x should not take to long to become stable I guess.

Ok thank you

I’m setting up a flow to send snapshots. I recieve “No recipients define” when I test the flow.

In App settings I have set up my email and the testmail come all the way to my mailbox.

What am I doing wrong?

Could you post a screenshot from the action card?

The text you have entered in the action card should contain the receiving email address. There is no option for adding actual text to the email (yet).