[App][Pro] Advanced Scheduler

@Fredrik_Palsson

Hi, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the RAW settings.
Then I installed v0.1.8. It doesn’t work either.

Homey version 4.2.0

Sorry

@MadMax
No need to appologize in your end.

I’m really sorry for this. Unfortunately I dont know really what is happening.

Would you be willing to try to log in to Homey Developer and run the settings there? Then you could find the potential error by looking in the developer tools press (CTRL + SHIFT + I in Chrome). In the console there will be output of any errors.

I’m very grateful for your help if you try this.

@Fredrik_Palsson

I paste the raw code in the text field and press save. > No error in console.

Then i add a new schedule:

vue.runtime.esm.js:1888 TypeError: this.settings.schedules.forEach is not a function
at addSchedule (App.vue:127)
at click (App.vue?5e57:1)
at ne (vue.runtime.esm.js:1854)
at a.n (vue.runtime.esm.js:2179)
at a.An.t.$emit (vue.runtime.esm.js:3888)
at a.click (VBtn.ts:163)
at HTMLButtonElement.n (vue.runtime.esm.js:2179)
at HTMLButtonElement.Jr.o._wrapper (vue.runtime.esm.js:6917)

re @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1888
ie @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1879
ee @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1839
ne @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1862
n @ vue.runtime.esm.js:2179
ne @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1854
An.t.$emit @ vue.runtime.esm.js:3888
click @ VBtn.ts:163
ne @ vue.runtime.esm.js:1854
n @ vue.runtime.esm.js:2179
Jr.o._wrapper @ vue.runtime.esm.js:6917

Hope this help!

@MadMax
After pasting settings and pressing save, please exit the settings page and re-enter settings. Is it working then?

Are the raw settings still in the text field after restart if you press “Get raw settings”?

@Fredrik_Palsson

When i leave the app in the app settings in Homey developer and re enter the app, the raw settings are gone.

Raw settings are only retreived when pressing “Get raw settings”.

Is the app working now? Can you add schedules?

No i Cant’t

@MadMax
Lets continue in a private thread…

Hi @Fredrik_Palsson, this looks great! This is indeed exactly what I have now build into many of my flows that become slightly difficult to maintain. Luckily they’re not yet slowing down my homey.

One thing I’m having in my schedules is that I sometimes want to postpone. For example, the lights turn off at a specific time in the evening, but sometimes we stay up later for example with friends over and then I want to either ignore a specific event or delay it. Probably many other people have the same issue?

My homey gives a reminder 15 minutes in advance giving me the opportunity to do so. Is this an interesting extension that you might be looking at? I can imagine triggering a flow to delay by x minutes/hours or a flow to ignore the next event of a specific schedule.

@jojover

Thanks for the kind words!

Interesting idea to postpone or skip an upcomming event. It will likely be some time before I have time to look at the details as I am out of town. I will put it on the request list, and promise to give it a serious thought. It might come in handy.

It is on the todo: Todo list · fpalsson/com.fp.advanced-scheduler Wiki · GitHub

First of all: great app.
I used to have the sun events app and when comparing this to the solar options of your app, I have two questions:

• What golden hour is implemented? (morning or evening)
  • Any plans of implementing the missing golden hour?

Can’t wait for the “trigger at sunrise if it is before/after fixed time” option. That would remove yet another layer of complexity from my flows.

Thanks in advance for your anwers.

1 Like

@Raeven
Thanks for the nice feedback!

Actually there is mostly a nomeclature problem with the current implementation. There is no missing Golden Hour. In reality there are two golden hours:

1. Between sunrise and “morning golden hour end”.
  2. Between “evening golden hour start” and sunset.

This mean that the “Golden Hour” in the app is actually “evening golden hour start”, and “Golden Hour End” in the app is actually “morning golden hour end”.

There is now a new version in test: Advanced Scheduler | Homey

If it works as expected for you, please let me know, and I will push it to live.

I will try to find time to implement “trigger at sunrise if it is before/after fixed time” later this comming week. You are free to nag me about it if you don’t hear anyting. I might need a kick in the butt :slight_smile:

Thanks for clearing that up!
I’ll change my schedules accordingly, thanks :slight_smile:

Two more questions:

• Are you aware that deleting scheduled events is bugged? (I added like 5 events or so… and then deleting the second event actually deleted two diferent events…)
  • Do you know of anyone planning to do dutch translations? If not, I’ll have a go at it.

Besides the “delete event bug” everything just works fine, as far as I can determine.

Thanks for letting me know.

You may translate to dutch if you want. This will serve as a good template

I will look at the bug you reported. Thanks again.

1 Like

New version available in test: Advanced Scheduler | Homey

Please let me know it that fixes the bug for you.

Assuming I install the test version, how can I go back to the stable version without losing the associated app data? (merely be re-installing, or by waiting till the same version is available in stable?)

I guess in this case, the point is less of a problem… since there’s an option for RAW settings import and export. But I do wonder (in general, that is).

Anyone have an idea?

In all honesty, I am not 100% sure about the deep details. But as far as I know, if you install test version now, work with it, and then want to go back to “stable (with bug)”, you only need to install the live version again. That will uninstall the test version an install the live version, keeping the settings.

So if the test version does not screw up the settings, nothing shall happen, from a settings perspecitve.

I hope that answers your question.

I’ve tried the test version and I can’t find any issues when deleting events!
Tonight I’ll have a go at the translations.

1 Like

Currently busy with translating. Given the time of day… I don’t think I’ll finish them today (hopefully tomorrow).

In any case: I wanted to let you know that Saterday_short isn’t translated because the code is referring to saturday_short instead (so, the first letter isn’t capitalized).

I finished translating, as such I created a pull-request ( Language support for Dutch by Corvo · Pull Request #5 · fpalsson/com.fp.advanced-scheduler · GitHub ).

You are quite a little detective. Thanks for spotting this small “S”.

I will bring this in at the same time as I merge your translations.

THANKS!