[App][Pro] Advanced Scheduler

It works! :smiley:

1 Like

Version 0.2.6 is now live. Thanks for all the bug hunting and feedback.

Hello, where is the problem? I donā€™t see when i make a flow (excuse me for mā€™y english)

@Eric_Cosandey: Thank you for evaluating Advanced Scheduler.

To be totaly honest I am not really sure I understand your question. But I will try to explain. In the app settings you define schedules, and when they are suposed to trigger. Then in Homey flows (outside the Advnced Scheduler App) you set a flow card trigger to Advanced Schedule, nd select a schedule. Then that flow will trigger at all the times you have defined in the app. Does that make sense?

More details can be found here: Advanced Scheduler main help page | com.fp.advanced-scheduler

Feel free to keep on asking until there are no more questions!

@Eric_Cosandey What is the exact problem you are experiencing?
Iā€™m going to guess you arenā€™t seeing the ā€œReveilā€ tag when having added the ā€œAdvanced Schedulerā€ trigger card into the flow?

When checking a tag within the flow: simply add a Homey Logic condition card into the flow and select the tag from the list shown (there, you will be able to find it).

1 Like

Je vais faire des test pour essayer merci

Okay, from what I gatherā€¦ youā€™re going to test it out. :crossed_fingers:
Goodluck and let us know if it worked!

Ok Ƨa fonctionne, jā€™ai bien suivi lā€™aide
Jā€™ai juste de la peine avec les variables logique :roll_eyes::wink:
Merci

1 Like

@Eric_Cosandey: I wish you would write in English, then I could try to help you out. My French is totally non existent. Let me know if you need more help.

1 Like

He wrote that it works now and that he had some trouble wrapping his head around the use of the logic stuff (to check the value of the tag he defined). :wink:

1 Like

:+1:t2:

1 Like

@Fredrik_Palsson Well, things are running silky smooth for the last week :+1:

Not sure what youā€™re planning for the next steps (and when).
But if you want, I could still have a go at this one myself (as long as I get the latest Homey dev environment running properly again).

• Adding flow cards for checking schedule state and flow cards for changing schedule state

If you want to do this one yourself, no problem, ofc.
Just let me know if youā€™d like the help :wink:

@Raeven: What a nice offer to help out. Currently Iā€™m looking at ā€œadding flow cardsā€¦ā€ with really low priority, as the garden work is more revarding this time of year. :slight_smile:

It would be fun to complete this, just to figure out how, but I would of cause not object if you want to implement it.

So far I have only implemented the action card, but not the logic beneth it (actually sending a message to the settings web app for display purposes, and disable/enable a schedule in the running app).

If you want to continue from where I have paused I could commit this non complete work tonight. Let me know.

Well, Iā€™ll have to do this in my spare time as wellā€¦ so I doubt itā€™ll be implemented fast. :sweat_smile:
Though Iā€™d certainly wouldnā€™t mind having a go at it.

So yes, anythinig youā€™ve done already, is welcome. Just commit it to some feature branch?

Hi

Just to be sure,
Will this schedule turn on After evening golden hour start and between 1600 and 2200?

What about the mornings
Here I want to turn on the light between 0615 and 0800 if morning golden hour has not started

First some background: Where I live (south of Sweden) evening golden hour starts earliest at 12:50 (mid December) and latest 20:22 (mid June).

First question (evenings): The schedule you have set up will trigger from February 21:st till October 30:th when golden hour occurs (again here in Sweden). After October 30:th golden hour will start before 16:00 and then the schedule will not trigger. Where I live golden hour never occurs after 22:00, so that part makes no sense in my case.

Is that what you want? Or do you want to limit the earliest or latest this can trigger? Like the orange line in the graph below? On the Y-axis you have time, and on the X-axis you have day of year. Approximate times in Sweden, and using 19:00 as a limit to make sense here.

Second question (mornings): Golden hour in the morning starts at sunrise and ends approx 1,5 -2 hours after (again in the south of Sweden). So your question is a bit unclear. Do you mean you want to turn lights on at sunrise if it is between 06:15 and 08:00?

Or do you mean: Turn lights on at the latest of surise and 06:15, but not if sunrise is after 08:00. That could also be stated "turn on at sunrise but wait until 06:15 if sunrise comes earlier. Do not turn on if sunrise is after 08:00.

If you reply to those questions, I will tell you how to set it up.

Let me explain both scenarios.
From what you write I guess I need to use Sunrise and sunset
I think my brain started to work again with your question :slight_smile:
Evening should be ok now, right?
Morning is still a mystery for meā€¦

Morning
I would like to turn on lights earliest 06:15 and turn it off again at 08:00 but only if it is ā€œdarkā€

Evening
I would like to turn on the lights when it gets dark and turn off again at 22:00

@Kongedam: You are close now. Evening seems 100% ok.

Morning I would do as you have done in the second trigger but change the first trigger to ā€œLast of 06:15 and Sunrise but only if before (08:00)ā€.

I hope it works well for you! Keep asking if you have more questions.

Thanks
I have now added it and will start testing it

Could you maybe try to add some explanation to this line :slight_smile:
ā€œLast of 06:15 and Sunrise but only if before (08:00)ā€

If my brain should interpret this line, then here is written
After 06:15
After sunrise
Before 08:00

What I want is
After 06:15
Before sunrise
Before 08:00

Update.
I Still donā€™t understand it, but it look like it worked :slight_smile:
It triggered a little to late this evening, therefor I will try to use Evening Golden Hour Start

@Kongedam: Great that it works!

It is important to understand that there are no states in Advanced Sheduler. Everything is based on triggers/events. This means you cannot use ā€œif sun is upā€, ā€œif sun is downā€, ā€œduring morning golden hourā€ and similar.

The way to think is: Trigger at the first or last of x & y, but only if before/after z.

With this way of thinking I do beleive all scenarios can be handeled.

The algoritm to get a triggering time is as below (ignoring days of week):

• Take the time of the main trigger (the one that is always visible in the GUI).
  • If there is a RANDOM time trigger specified, set the triggering time to a random time between the main trigger and the random time.
  • If FIRST OF is activated, check if that trigger is before the triggering time. If it is, use that time as trigger, otherwise ignore and keep trigger time from above.
  • If LAST OF is activated, check if that trigger is after the triggering time. If it is, use that time as trigger, otherwise ignore and keep trigger time from above.
  • If CONDITIONAL BEFORE is activated, check if trigger time is before the conditional time. If it is, keep the trigger, otherwise remove trigger and donĀ“t use it at all.
  • If CONDITIONAL AFTER is activated, check if trigger time is after the conditional time. If it is, keep the trigger, otherwise remove trigger and donĀ“t use it at all.

Hope this helps in future scenarios.

1 Like