[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Same issue for me now, “random” disconnects and no automatic reconnect.

• Additional logging when incorrect JSON is received
  • Fixes to MQTT cookie for better support for abde/main (US and EU)
  • Library added additional support for sending commands to multiple devices
  • Library added fix for MQTT timeout
  • Changed way UUID was created

Sorry to say I am not sure why people are now experiencing random disconnects, but keep sending in the error logs, hopefully one of them will trigger something in the grey matter.

4 Likes

thx @Jamie! installed

Cheers @Jamie still no issues with me :+1:

@victoroos & @autolycos are you still experiencing random frequent disconnects?

None so far at least, however I’m experiencing the TTS stopping to work after some time of usage. Currently testing to use the “TTS-weather”-button when I run into the issue. So I’ll report back with how that goes.

Tested fully now, and once the TTS stops working the Weather (and other “TTS-buttons”) don’t work either.
However there is no information of disconnecting or need to re-authorize to get things working again. The app states that everything is just fine. Disconnecting and reconnecting/re-authorize solves the issue.

1 Like

And this is all new 'behavior in the last couple of weeks?

Random disconnects is new to me at least. The TTS drop-out I can’t really say as that feels more intermittent and has appeared on several diff. versions of the app, but much more frequently now. I’d say it works for about a day - then TTS stops working. Usually you then have to restart the app to be able to get the full cycle of login/authorization. If I don’t restart the app usually it gets stuck after login at the loading “loop”.

I just realized that Homey didn’t speak to me this morning which means TTS for Alexa hangs again after a while. Also with the latest version installed a couple of days ago.
Restarting the app always fixes it. So if I restart it every other day it remains functioning.
Haven’t implemented that yet.
Here’s the report: 17da6dc1-c7d5-43dd-8d7a-4dd680987827

Hi Jamie,

I would love to get myself added to the alpha testers, do I just send you a PM with my email?

thanks

jeff

Check d3ade687-264b-4e59-a63f-29f8957f41ba

Did you make a request at 2019-08-29 11:13:58?

2019-08-29 11:13:58 [log] [Amazon] Alexa-Remote: Sending Request with {“host”:“pitangui.amazon.com”,“path”:"/api/devices-v2/device?cached=true&_=1567070038926",“method”:“GET”,“timeout”:10000,“headers”:{}}

Most likely :grin:
I have Alexa tell me when my lights on the toilet are set to either automatic or manual, depending on the press of a button. Did that just before I realized that she wasn’t TTSing the response.

Check 8ff6a099-a3ed-4f3e-bbd4-4d95624affdf for when the exact same process worked.

One more from when it stopped working.

b0c7843c-50d3-4738-b19b-92d1f2ad40cb

Hi ! How can I use this app ?
Regards !

Still in “closed/invite only”-alpha.

I want to use it too, i send a message to the developper i waiting for a response

I am hoping he goes public beta and not add alpha testers. Going public would increase the change to find patterns in the users with disconnect issues. Just mention this known issue in the beta release and all thatchoose to test can provide feedback.