[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Great news, can’t wait to test :slight_smile:

I saw some App crashs in the Last (some Werks now). That is new. Last Year i didn’t saw that

I would love to see a finished app on this one. I’ve always wanted my smarthouse to behave like S.A.R.A.H. from EUReKA. Without all the lethal bugs though… ;-).

Good luck, Jamie! This is the way…

So, 1.8.3 is ready, fixes the connection issues people have been seeing recently, and support Homey v4.0.

However there is a catch.

In order to be able to test the Alexa app upon the new app store. The app needs to be certified and published. But before I want it published … I need to test it as I have no idea if it will work anywhere but Australia at the moment.

Not really sure what to do at this point. I’ve put in a support ticket to see if I can get an app certified with out it being published.

5 Likes

we can install and run from cli if you share your git repository. more than happy to test it like that

+1 from me

+1

+1

+1

oef, keep us posted. Thanks for your work already!! GOod to see you are back, I love the app!
What changed in 4.0 that needed support?

Thanks for the offer, but it is not in a public repo, and will not be placed in a public repo until it is tested.

@victoroos Need to update the way the cookies were handled with Alexa but as far as Homey - just bump the version requirements to allow it to be loaded in v4.

@Jamie

I would also like to test the app, is that possible? I have 2 Echo 3g, 4 Echo Dots 2g, 1 Echo show 5 and 2 Echo flex. Also 2 Sonos One Speakers.

ah, checked! Nice, all patiently waiting for Athom #tmSOON
Love that my alexa tells me I should close the door when it is raining outside. Wouldn’t be possible without you!

Version 2.0 has been submitted to the Athom App Store fore review, I will let you know when it is approved. It is a large app so it may take some time.

Version 2.0 has all of the changes from version 1.8 however there are some breaking changes. I suggest if do not want to break flows that you disable auto-updates and do not update until you are ready.

Due to popular demand and just because of the way the App Store now works, anyone may now test the device. However the more testers the harder it is to find relevant information in order to fix real issues. To work around this problem, I will only be testing one thing at a time.

I will be starting with Alexa Commands upon the Echo Spot for USA accounts. I am unsure as to what order I will start re-adding features back in. Devices, Servers or Flows. Easiest to test would likely be Flows -> Devices -> Servers.

Ill post the features and change log in a separate post, people who have been testing for a while will noticed

3 Likes

Version 2.0

Change Log

Servers

• Removed Amazon EU server
  • Removed Amazon Far East server

Devices
Amazon

• Removed Echo Dot Gen1
  • Removed Echo Dot Gen2
  • Removed Echo Dot Gen3
  • Removed Echo Plus Gen1
  • Removed Echo Plus Gen2
  • Removed Echo Show Gen1
  • Removed Echo Show Gen2
  • Removed Echo Gen1
  • Removed Echo Gen2
  • Removed Fire Tablet HD10.7

Third Party

• Removed Ecobee
  • Removed Sonos Beam
  • Removed Sonos One

Smart Home

• Removed the ability to control Alexa smart home devices from Homey

Capabilities

Media

• Removed Volume control
  • Removed Play
  • Removed Pause
  • Removed Previous/Next
  • Removed Track
  • Removed Artist
  • Removed Album
  • Removed Playing

Flows

Voice

• Removed the ability to make Alexa device speak
  • Removed the ability to make Alexa device announce
  • Removed the ability to make Alexa device whisper
  • Removed the additional 28 Voices which you could make your Alexa device talk as.
  • Removed the ability for Homey to speak via Alexa

Calendar

• Removed Todays Calendar
  • Removed Tomorrows Calendar
  • Removed Next Calendar Entry

Fun

• Removed Alexa tell a story
  • Removed Alexa sing a song
  • Removed Alexa give a fun fact
  • Removed Alexa say a joke
  • Removed Alexa help clean up

Phrases

• Removed Alexa Confirm
  • Removed Alexa Compliment
  • Removed Alexa Compliment
  • Removed Alexa I’m Home
  • Removed Alexa Goodbye
  • Removed Alexa Birthday

Language

• Removed DE
  • Removed NL

Features

Servers

• USA

Devices
Amazon

• Echo Spot Gen1

Capabilities
Reports

• Weather
  • Traffic
  • Flash Briefing
  • Stop All

Flows

Triggers

• When Alexa Connects
  • When Alexa Authenticated
  • When Alexa Disconnects
  • When Alexa Deauthenticated

Reports

• Good Morning
  • Good Night
  • Weather
  • Traffic
  • Flash Briefing

Ill update here if the app gets approved by Athom.

ok, i disabled autoupdate.
:wink:

2 Likes

yupp, disabled it as well. Still, nice to see you are back at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Jamie, Ok thanks for letting us know, turned autoupdate off as well, but will it actually update from the alpha version to your new app anyway as the stores have changed?
I’m in NL but on US server so I don’t get all the german stuff (sorry guys), so I agree its a good idea to start adding features again first. Please make the “let homey speak’ through Alexa” prio as that is in my view the backbone of your whole app… love it still. Currently still on 1.7.0a and it works fine if I keep restarting it every 3 hours :slight_smile:

Hey @WouterD

You raise an interesting question. What order should features be added in : servers, devices or flows such as text to speech.

Historically speaking adding new servers has had the most issues.

At the moment I am thinking that I will do one device, then one feature per release. Then add the EU/AU servers once the ‘min’ requirements like ‘let homey speak through alexa’ are all tested.

2 Likes