[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

i have the same problem with me… i have to log in every day.

Question; the app was working very stable. Since a couple of weeks the speech isn’t anymore.

I tried US server and EU server. But no speech anymore. I have an echo 2

I restarted the app and my homey reboots each night

hello, I too am having this problem. forced to reconnect the account almost every day.

But reconnecting isn’t working for me

Is the source code available so I can help debug the issue with constantly loosing connection?

1 Like

Echo 4 Gen would be cool :wink:

1 Like

same issue here

Soo I was thinking about ordering my first echo devices in a near future, but after come here and check the topic i noticed that seems to be connection issues lately…
Can anyone confirm if these still persist or there are no longer connection issues?
Thank you.

Hi @Ricardo_Nunes in my case it s working more or less without problems. Sometimes i have to restart the app but i did a flow to supervise the connection and if broken it will restart the app automaticly.

Basically i trigger a routine on Alexa (via Homey) to turn on and off a virtual socket on homey. this will happen every 15minutes. After turn off the virtual socket a countdown is starting. Everytime the routine turn on the socket it will reset this countdown. If the connection is broken the countdown will expire and restart the app.

1 Like

Ok thank you for the info @Martin_Tschanun :+1:

@Jamie

Hi,

A few things. I have multiple Alexa Echo Gen 2 devices and 1 Echo 4 device.

1. When the Echo 4 devices are supported by the Alexa app for Homey? So i can make flows for this devices?

2. The last few weeks, mostly the connection with Alexa will be broken, commands are not working. When i login on the Homey app and open the Alexa app in Homey i get the message to select a server (EU) and login again, i receive the successfull cookie message and everything works again.

Is their something i can do so i don’t have to check of their is a connection and don’t have to logged in a few times a week? Or Homey can give a message when it’s needed to login again?

Normally a check should not to be needed when i have make succesfull a connection between Homey and Alexa.

1. Is it possible to add Meross power outlets to Homey? Now Alexa send the commands instead Homey.

Regards,
Adriaan

Routines not showing for me too.
Checked names and tried switching servers, nothing helps.

Hi @Crimly did you tried to click to the routine, after go back and press again routine. In my case it work always with the second try. br

Restarted the app and now it is showing my routines. :slightly_smiling_face:
Now i only need to figure out how to make Alexa not say “Here is firefox” every time my routine runs.
Slowly starting to regret my purchase, i only need the stupid screen to show homeydash, but it is limited in every way :frowning_face:

Same issue here, need to reauthenticate with Amazon quite frequently. I suspect this is a token expiry issue.

Access tokens expire after a period, new ones can be obtained using the refresh token:

I only can make a routine in Alexa daily not every 15 minutes …

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for this :+1:

Version 3.5.100

I’ve updated the Alexa app, the latest version includes several bug fixes as well as a very exciting new feature.

There is now a new flow action which allow us to directly send a command to an Alexa device.

That is : you can now use Homey to send Alexa any command which you would normally say to Alexa

You is can test the new feature here below.

Thanks

8 Likes

Great. Good news for this new year, you rock man :sunglasses:.
We’ll provide some feedbacks.
And happy new year for all.
Thanks.