[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

If you have setup flow that restart the app, I found that sistematically at every restart it disconnect from the server. Now i stopped this flow and I’ll see. In the past this flow, (two three times per day) was keeping the app working.

1 Like

Hmm, i have such flow. I will try to deactivate it and let you know.

I would like to add that for sure everytime you restart the app you loose connection, but unfortunately it happened also without the restart (exclamation point appeared on two Alexa out of seven). So deactivating restart flow just reduce the frequency of the problem.

Unfortunately no. Asked it before because it would be such a great feature

At this moment i have the same problem as previous month… the connection between Homey and Alexa is broken a couple times a day, it’s only working when restarting the Alexa App or restarting Homey and login again to setup the connection between Homey and Alexa… for a couple of minutes it’s working.

Now i using Alexa by speak directly to Alexa instead using Homey. I hope it can be solved because now the most important function for me of Homey, is not working correctly.

When it is repaired? Please add the Alexa Echo gen. 4 devices.

Thanks

Hey @Datageek and others, this is not an offical endpoint, I am doing something that Amazon does not support, has no documentation or even a acknowledge.

Everything has been worked out by listening to sockets and backwards engineering what the website does.

There is no oAuth.

I am sorry that there are issues on the EU server, I am unable to replicate these issues is anyone having this issue on the USA server?

As a couple of people have said, this seems to be a change on Amazon’s side which I don’t have control over.

On US I’m getting an authentication problem every 10-20 days. I put a notification on the timeline. I login again and it works.

No other issues at the moment. I have two devices.

@Jamie thanks for the feedback and for your effort. If you need testers or feedback I believe that many of us are fully available to support you in this.

@Jamie thanks for your feedback. it seems to be there is something ongoing in the background. Since two weeks more or less after some minutes i have to reauthenticate but today since 4 hrs the connection is stable. So finger crossed Amazon will fix it.

thanks for your great work

Tanks for your replies Jamie
Same case here,last week every 5mn i had to reauthenficate and since last Saturday connexion stay about 12 hours,have to reauthenficate 2-3 times per day.It’s better but far to perfect…
European server here😉

When I am testing my flows direct after i reconnected the app, i got a red error on my start routine activity: Cannot read property ‘filter’ of undefined

so if you get an api error like that and assume you lost authentication, mark the connection as lost, does this make sense?

Unfortunately, I can not see any improvement, it is even worse, the app is disconnected almost immediately (EU server). so it is completely impossible to use the app. I hope a solution will be found soon !

Same case,tuesday the app stay connect almost 20 hours and today every 2mns disconnects…
It’s the app i use the most wih Homey🤬

I saw that if you go in “config” (before you connect to the server) and put POLL CONNECTION : every 10 minutes it seems it works to reduce drastically the problem. I tried at 7 am and it’s still connected (before nothing was selected in my app). Yesterday I updated homey to V5 hoping to solve this, but no result. Just after minutes - 1 hour it was already disconnected.

Hello @Jamie
After testing @Andrea_Marchisi response just above, I set the poll connection to 1 hour in the configuration options. Since then the connection has remained good. EU server.
In the meantime I have also switched to the stable V5 version, hoping that it would solve the problem, but this did not help.
What is strange is that the devices connected to Alexa continue to work but the text to speech does not when the connection is lost.
If you need our help you can count on us, even though I have no knowledge of programming at all. But we can test it.
At the moment I have 1 echo plus 3rd generation, 3 echo dot 3, 1 echo flex and 1 echo show 8.
Since I set the poll connection to the maximium time at 10:50 am and when writing this message at 2:00 pm the connection remains good for text to speech.
Maybe it could also be pure coincidence? In any case, keep up the good work and know that we always want to test with you further in the future to make the app as pleasant and stable as possible.

@ZvFreak, the fact that alexa still works when it controlls homey devices is because this works with homey skills on Amazon app. While when homey controll alexa (for example it makes her speak) is related to the app alexa on homey, the one that loses the connection with the server. The “solution” I found helps, but if homey for any reason lose internet connection, then you will probably lose also the connection the server, the same if you restart alexa app on homey, you will lose immediately the connection to the server.

@Andrea_Marchisi I prefer it so that the connection stays connected. That homey once loses its internet connection and that I have to restore the connection, or if I have to restart the alexa app for some reason is the least of my worries. But reconnecting every minute without any cause was quite annoying.
Anyway, thanks for finding this workaround! Hoping this will be temporary.

Indeed,since few days i have much less deconnection and very happy to re-use my favorite homey app😁
Only problem,i can’t access my routines anymore…same for you?

Hey @Ewen_Le_guennec
Indeed, routines have disappeared.
I hardly use routines now. I only use the text to speech several times a day. For example, if washing machine or dryer are done, alexa tells me this. If the cellar door remains open, Or when it’s dinner time, or when i need my son for some reason, I push a button and Alexa calls him with text to speech.

otherwise try to bypass (workaround) via IFTTT.

Edit: Connection still up and running since yesterdays workaround! :partying_face:

2 Likes

same for me, i cant access the routines anymore i noticed yesterday.

but the trick does seem to reduce the amount of disconnects, resolving still requires to reauthenticate, so to often to be useful