[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

excellent. i successfully added it.
seems to work. need a proper test run later. now my wife is in meeting next to it :wink:

Yeah as for me, the Echo Gen.4 is succesfully added but does not work, an error message is displayed saying ā€œinvalid_deviceā€ when we try to do something with, for instance to increase the volume.

Hi Jamie
When I touch once (shortly) the device Echo Dot 4 Gen in the Screen devices
Iā€˜ve deleted the device, and tried to create it again. Now Iā€˜ve got a timeout (30000ms). Itā€˜s not possible to create the device again.

I think in 3.7.101 Echo Gen 4 is new? Iā€˜ve not seen it in 3.7.100, perhaps my mistake.
Iā€˜ve created 3 new devices Echo 4 Gen without problems.
Short touch of Icon without error message
I hope it helps
Daniel

Iā€™ve created a new flow for Echo 4 Gen
When flows run, alexa says
It runs for V3.7.101, no problem
Also to change volume, no problem

Only problems (cannot create device - timeout) with Echo Dot 4 Gen

Update:
Now itā€˜s possible to create new device with Echo Dot 4 Gen.
But thereā€˜s still the error message ā€žinvalid deviceā€œ when changing volume (or touch once the Icon of the device)
Pls tell me, when I should test again
Thx

Hello @Jamie
Just installed the test version. Will keep you up to date for this.

But can you just tell us what is the difference between the connect button and the new one ā€œreconnectā€ that you added?

Thx for your investigation.

Just a button for me to test the cookie - in this test version. Keep using the connect button.

2 Likes

@Jamie, I deleted my Echo GEN.4 as it did not work. Now Iā€™m not able to add it anymore. It tells that ā€œNo new device was found.ā€

for my echo gen4 premium sound it all seems to work fine. flows, tts, sounds, volume countrol etc all tested working for me

Echo 4 Gen (big) or Echo Dot 4 Gen (small)?

the big one. there is no premium audio version small right?

Itā€™s the small one, the Echo Dot, and now Iā€™m able to add it (I used the Echo icon to add the Echo Dot, thatā€™s why it did not find it :grin:).
But I still face the same error: invalid device.

cant add echo dot gen4ā€¦timeout when searching new deviceā€¦

Hi @Jamie
First impression after installing the test app:

• What exactly is happening: Still Disconnecting issues, unable to be authenticated by the Amazon Server any more. I use this flow that triggers me a push notification so i am aware of the disconnection. Gedeelde Flow | Homey Alexa Routines not showing anymore in homey flow cards after disconnection. Tts not working anymore. Devices not availeble as the app is not connected to Amazon anymore
    When reconnecting, everything works again.
    The connection stayed up for a few hours.

• how often it is happening: Since installing the test app around 17h, once. A few hours later it was disconnected. Connected it again this morning. Will post again when a new disconnect comes up.

• how long has it been occurring for: Since version 3.5.100. Posted on 22 Jan for that problem.

• what version of the app are you using: Your test app Version 3.7.101 and homey version 5.0.4

• why its a problem: Mentioned above.

• what devices do you have: 3x Echo dot gen 3. 1x Echo plus gen 2. 1x Echo flex gen 1. 1x Echo show 8.

• what country you live in: Belgium.

• what server are your alexa devices connected to: EU Server.

• what server are you connecting to using the app. EU Server.

• Whats the diagnostic report num. App diagnostic: dbc69dd7-98d6-4e2b-bd3c-d8bda0eb691b

More people having a disconnection after installing the test version?

Hi,
I installed this version yesterday, but still now I did not notice any disconnection. All my devices (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show) are on line and work without issues. Only my Echo Dot GEN.4 does not work, the error ā€œinvalid_deviceā€ still occurs.
Regards,
Moussa.

same here. no more disconnects at all with the new version.
my gen4 echo works fine.

Update.
My flow Gedeelde Flow | Homey has triggerd again at 10h23 but this time the connection remains up.
Flows, Alexa routines and tts works.
Flow cards works.
App still connected.

Will keep you updated.

1 Like

Hi all
@Jamie
Same here
No problems with connection
No problems with echo 4 Gen, and all other older echos
invalid device with echo dot 4 Gen
That sounds good
I hope you can fix the issue with echo dot 4 Gen
And if you have too much time, I would like to have Sonos Arc :wink: thx

Can someone share a screen shot of the invalid device for the Echo Dot gen4 as well as a diagnostic report?

No disconnections since 24h :blush::blush::blush::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like