[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Bonjour, je te réponds en français même si on va avoir un rappel qu’il faut garder nos conversations en anglais :grin:
Déjà, pour la France ,seul le serveur européen marche,inutile d’essayer sur les 2 autres.
Pour que tes routines alexa apparaissent dans homey il faut taper les premières lettres de ta routine comme tu les as nommées dans alexa.Avant ça marchait plus mais depuis la mise a jour(3.7.101),le problème est réglé, encore quelques déconnexions tous les 2-3 jours mais suffit de se déconnecter et de rentrer ses identifiants pour que ça soit reparti

@Clement_KABRAN

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible (including any responses!), then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:
https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

1 Like

@Caseda

Hi, no problem, I’m sorry’ I was in a rush :disappointed::disappointed:

@Ewen_Le_guennec

Hi, thank you for your quick response, it’s very nice.

• I have version 3.5.101 and not 3.7.101
  • Even when typing the first letters, nothing appears.

I don’t understand especially since everything worked before.
I mean before the last update.

And I also this error message, when I’m on the computer version.

Try with the last version Amazon Alexa | Homey

Ai tried ans still not working

Yeah same here, from the app (iphone) it seems to work correctly

The answer to your question is yes it is just listen to the “disconnected trigger” but I’ve really struggled to implement a way to track when the app disconnects.

Technically … it already does what your asking, but there seems to be a difference between disconnected and “not responding”.

The info about disabling the app is very helpful I wonder if that could be triggered from my “disconnected flow” much like I have put the notices in to tell me when it automatically connects

If I understood you correctly, a disconnect should cause an automatic reconnect, as shown in your timeline:

But the detection of the disconnect you tried does not work reliable. I understand that it is difficult.

As a workaround, I use a flow that switches the Alexa app off once every hour and then back on again. The authentication is then checked in an additional flow with:

A connection break is then detected at least with the frequency of one hour. Or with any other frequency I would like. The response problem is solved with this workaround too.

What I am still needing and would be helpful is an additional “Then card” which makes it possible to activate the reconnect function via flow. Could you implement something like this?

THX for your time!

Today, after weeks of working fine, i finally got disconnected again, the experimental version is way better and stable when it comes to disconnects. One strage thing, i had to login twice to get it working again, first time it just stopped at the “waiting” for 3 minutes, the second time was really fast. Could be just bad luck, but also might give you an idea about the issue of disconnects.

Unfortunately mine disconnects as well sometimes. It will work well for a day or two but then suddenly it will have disconnected. Also giving Alexa commands through flows doesn’t work anymore. I’m happy though since routines do work, that was the most important thing for me :slight_smile:

Are you running the stable or the experimental version, the experimental version works quite well, now only have disconnects after weeks, not days

I’m running the experimental version and you’re right it’s running much more smoothly than the other version.

Since today I recognize, that the Alexa app connects itself every 15 seconds automatically. I check this via the card “When we connect to Amazon server”. The App itself works.

@Jamie is this the functionality you mentioned before? Which means the connection is lost first and the app establish a reconnect?

Can’t imagine it disconnects every 15 seconds, i think this is more a loop to do a reconnect in case it is disconnected.

@Chris_nl can you do me a favor and check this card with a flow in your environment. Can you reproduce this behavior?

Sure, can you share the exact flow so we know 100% sure that what we are doing is the same

THX

Nice, setup exactly this flow, now wait for 15 minutes :slight_smile:

UPDATE: After 16 minutes still nothing on my timeline (only the testitem i created to test if the flow was working)

1 Like