[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

And Alexa is still speaking via homey I assume?

Good question, it did before i created this flow :slight_smile: So let me test that, just to be sure.

No apparently not anymore, let me reconnect and test it again

Now getting messages instantly, and lots of them, not just every 15 minutes but multiple every minute (i do have 3 devices connected, so that might be why i get 3 mesages a minute)

Thanks again for you effort, so it seems to be the normal behavior at the moment.

And in my case it triggers also in sec not min. You can type on “a few seconds ago” in the timeline to see the date/timestamp in detail.

The question @Jamie : shows the card real reconnections or is it a loop in the code? :thinking:

Hello everyone.Since fews days i have a problem different,before the last update i always lost the connexion between amazon and homey(i had to reconnect by taping my credentials).The last update had resolved this problem😊
But now ,it’s different,my devices doesn’t respond when a flow with tts is actived…
They are still connected with the homey but nothing happen,i have to restart the app,disconnect and reconnect(no need to rewrite my credentials)
Happen 2-3 times a day
Anotherone have this problem?European server here

Hi
Yes I have the same problem
After restart App and reconnect, it works
But the problem is, there is no information, that it doesn‘t work

Same problem at 3.5.101.

My solution: Sending “DND off” every hour to the devices. Hope that works further on. :slight_smile:

Good idea, but sadly didn’t work for me. I test it with an interval of 1 hour. Alexa is still connected but didn’t work anymore. The known response problem. The only thing which works in my environment to keep up the connection a view days is this automatic flow:

Not bullet proved but it works until Alexa is disconnected completely. Then it works again with the reconnect button at once.

1 Like

@Jamie: May I ask for a feedback about this idea, is it possible to implement such a card?

Mine keeps disconnecting too now, every day several times but I have the same problem with Homey, don’t know if that could be interfering some how.

I can’t get the Alexa dot gen 4 included with the test version.

Some hints somehow someone? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi, yes, doesn‘t work at the moment for echo dot 4
You can see it in the discussion above

1 Like

You can’t add the dot 4? But I added both of mine and no problems so far or did I misunderstand the issue?

I can add them, but got the message invalid device, when I klick it
All other 10 alexa devices works

That’s weird, I can add both of mine and click on them and use them and everything without problems. Maybe it’s the different version, they made a big version and a small not to mention those with clock displays. Mine are the ones which are small and without clocks, if that helps.

@OWA My dot 4 that is an invalid device as well without clock. Maybe it’s a matter of country settings, could you post you 3 alexa country settings right of the app settings?

Of course. I live in Denmark but I use the US Server. Please let me know if I took the correct screenshot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay (I forgot), the test version of the Alexa app which has been out for a while now has been released to the public channel. This includes Echo gen4 etc.

1 Like

Hello just wondering, ive tried to add my Daikin AC units (since they are connected to Alexa), but they wont show up. I tried choosing Other as device type, any idea?

Just says time out after 30000ms.

From memory I was only able to backwards engineer on/off and dim (and change to a specific colour, though I never added that as it didnt work with the athom colour picker). But like Homey Alexa also has ‘devices’. So Switches and Lights … but I created ‘other’ which would ignore the device type and look for items with on/off or dim … when the device uses just the generic way of going about it.

ie. My Tuya diffuser has the on/off capability but is not a switch. My guess is anything as complex as a aircon would not be using default capabilities.

I have the same problem. Too bad I read this too late, after I deleted everything and re-added :slight_smile:

Sadly enough restarting the app and disconnecting/reconnecting doesn’t even work :frowning: