[APP] Android IP Webcam [needs other developer]

Of course, now when I delete the text I see “send mail to” on the input line, but first time I only read the “Text” above the input line :slight_smile:

Thanks Phuturist. :+1:

Hi,
I have used this app for quite some time now and was very happy with it. However, since the last update I’m not able to connect to my device anymore because of error message:
“Sensor data ontbreekt: light”
I’m using an older phone for just the sound but this is not possible anymore… is there any way to fix this please?

I have the same issue :confused:

Already pushed a new version to the app store that allows devices without light sensor to be connected. It is pending approval. Either wait or install it from GitHub.

Ok, thanks :slight_smile:

Edit: It’s my first time installing from GitHub, followed all guides on Node JS and stuff and the app the zip container from GitHub (1.3.2) installed correctly and showed up in apps in the Homey app. However, I might have done something wrong since it’s my first time…

What happens is that the app crashes upon start (message: “This app has unexpectedly stopped”)

Running:
Homey version 2.5.1
App version 2.8.2.394

I’ll just wait for the approved version I guess :slight_smile:

There was actually still a bug in the app. I just fixed that. Just try again and you will have better results.

Can confirm it’s working now. Regards for the quick response/fix :v:

1 Like

v1.3.2 - 2019-08-17

• IMPROVEMENT: do not throw error when light sensor is missing but set it to 0 as default (and allow support for devices that do not have a light sensor)

Im getting “Incompatible” when trying to install this… Why? I have the latest firmware.

Dunno, the app compability is set to Homey firmware 2.0.0 and upwards. I did add new functionality which is not available yet in the current firmware and will be added in firmware 3.0 but that should not prevent the app from installing on the current firmware. I’ll ask Athom what is up with this.

Spot on, that should still work with the latest firmware though.

Thank you :slight_smile:

The developer documentation turned out to be incorrect where some features of the new Homey Energy Manager are not compatible yet with Homey firmware 2.5.x. I will push a new version to the appstore that will only install on Homey firmware 3.x (which is not out yet).

Either wait for it or do a command line install of version 1.3.2: https://github.com/jghaanstra/android.ipwebcam/releases/tag/1.3.2

Dear all,

I tried to use this wonderful app for generic IP cameras (non Android-based) from Grandstream; the connection is shown as successful but the device cannot be reached “device is unavailable”. Is there any setting that I need to set?

If this doesn´t work, is there any other IP cam app that I can use with Homey for generic branc IP cams, such as Grandstream?

Best regards,
db

This is of course not going to work. If these cameras have an open protocol someone would have to built an app for it. You can also try the image grabber app.

Why isn´t this working? My IP cams use a standard interface, the web link is correct… Are there any app-limitations?

Have you read the installation instructions?!? This Homey app is designed to work with a smartphone / tablet app on Android app phones, not with any smart camera. It’s a completely different interface. It’s the same as asking a random Chinese woman to talk fluent Dutch. It’s not going to happen.

Relax, yes I did. I was hoping for an off-label use enabled by the same interface.

v3.0.1 - 202x-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Minor improvements

It’s available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is still in experimental phase.