[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

This is a common misperception for the curtain track direction; there is no default correct setting.

The curtain controller / motor has a default firmware setting (used in the app), but the actual installation of the controller on the track and mounting of the carrier to the left or right side of the belt determines if the track direction is “reverse” or “normal”.

@TedTolboom is this reversed control also applicable for the wired curtain motor? Not B1

No, not yet… this version uses a custom attribute definition that I will need to get working first.

1 Like

Thanks, i will wait in patience. If you need testing let me know!

I reversed it on all my tracks. Works as used before. Thnx!

Works as used before can be interpreted in two ways. :wink:
I choose as in, open = open?

Yeah I installed a fibaro dimmer 2. 1 click lights on 2 clicks open curtain 3 clicks close curtain. 2 clicks switched to close curtain after the update. With the reverse option 2 clicks is open again :slight_smile:

Great, thanks for the feedback.
I was already afraid to have to admit to my wife that the Sunday afternoon spend did not result in solving this issue :wink:

4 Likes

Super, works like a charm again!

Hi @TedTolboom I still cannot add my motor to homey. If I want to add the controller homey sees the device but then the error that the device is not responding again. Do you have some tips I should definitely follow to add the device correctly?

Keep it closer to homey and try to add it again. Or add it via the developers page.

Tried to add the motor via the developers page. But getting the same error.

I’ve managed to add one motor last evening to homey, but this morning it didn’t response to a command. And gives the error the device could not be reached.

thanks for your help anyway @HarmJ and @TedTolboom

To ask Google if the window/door is closed/open.

I think you should add some extra zigbee extenders/repeaters. Maybe the ikea repeater is an option for you.

I’ve got 8 routers in my living room, and the curtain motor is right below one of them. Don’t think that’s the issue honestly. But I don’t get it either why it’s not working, bit frustrating. Last night the motor responded well, the calibration worked. Until this morning, want to open the curtain, no response.

I had the same issue in the beginning. Adding an extra router helped solving my problem. I also disconnected the battery/power sometimes. Now my curtains are stable for quite a while.

What kind of routers? Maybe you have light bulbs and somebody cut the power by using the switch? And for that reason the router constantly goes away inside homey, which could create unstable behaviour if your enddevice was relying on that light bulb for his zigbee route?

1 Like

The nearest is an osram power plug. And homey is 6m away from the plug and the motor. I’ll keep trying!

Finally it worked! Thanks all!

1 Like

My goal is to receive a push notification when mail is delivered at my home.

I’m hoping to achieve this by sticking an Aqara Smart Vibration Sensor on the inside of the flap of my letterbox and using this App to trigger a flow.

The sensor will arrive next week, but it suddenly occurred to me that this might not work as I planned; my letterbox is not a physical box outside of my house, but a hole in my front door. Thus, when I open the door the flap will also move

However, it will probably not tilt much, nor open/close (drop).

Would it be possible to only trigger a flow if the vibration sensor detects a certain tilt (or drop), but not when it vibrates/moves?

If so, this setup might still work to achieve my goal?

(Or should I better try an Aqara Door & Window Sensor instead, with the sensor unit on the door and the magnet on the flap?)