[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Yes, that was the trick, i’cant read lol. Thank you!

2 Likes

Just replaced some of my Osram E27 smart+ bulbs (after also having tried Ikea dimmable E27) with Aqara E27 Tunable white bulbs (€12,50 in NL) and I’m not disappointed:

• They turn on relatively fast (<0.5s, Ikea bulbs were very slow!)
  • Last state is saved after hard power off with the wall switch (the Osrams returned to 100% brightness).
  • I actually like tunable white more than I thought, I can see a use for the different hues
  • Fast pairing, and I was already using the Aqara app for all sensors

Issues:

• Changing dim level is slow: transition takes 10s
  • Tunable white color does not work until a app restart (may be a bug with FW5 RC56)

All in all I’m very satisfied and just orderered 6 more. :slight_smile:

[Update] Seems the issue was more related to the Homey zigbee chip reaching its limit with 50 connected devices. Switched to Conbee 2 + HomeyCONZ App, all zigbee issues are gone.

1 Like

I have a strange problem with the vibration sensors.

I bought 14 for an alarm system.

Now the first 11 have just been added, (with the trick of not letting them go to sleep too early) but the last three just won’t add. I also do not see the screen that homey has found something.

Now I have tried them on my homey at home and he will find them there immediately.

I only have battery powered zigbee devices.

This is the screen shot from devtools.

Does anyone see anything strange?`

Edit: Oh did ah PTP for 10 mins but did not solve my problem.

Using only battery powered devices is asking for problems, it is recommended to add routers (mains powered devices) first and then the battery powered devices (if you only use battery powered devices you are limited to i think 20 or 25 devices). The second problem is that you don’t get meshing and devices you linked to homey and then place in different places in your house lose connection. If you really want a stable zigbee network do it as i stated and you can have “unlimited” devices (i have 60+ now).

Hello,
I don’t know if it’s the same issue but all my Aqara items were no more usable. I added them again (without I removed them before): Homey told me it was not possible as they were already installed.
I restarted Homey and the they were opnieuw available.

Temp help - Reboot Homey, wait until all ZigBee devices are back online, restart Aqara app and again wait till all are online and then add remaining device, you may need to do it after each you added. Also I would recommend to re-add 1st one, for mesh route it shows " ?".

Long-term - And as recommended, purchase Zigbee non-battery / router device (eg.Ikea Tradfri) , then reset your Zigbee network and re-add all devices and repair all flows.

@TedTolboom Some developers found a way to update the app for V4.2, while there is a V5 in test app store. They take the V5 app on test offline for a short time, by replacing it with an higher app version that is made for V4.2. Then they send it to stable (Athom approval) and they place an higher version again in test that works for V5 :slight_smile:

Today I got two updates with extra device support. Probably less relevant for new devices of aqara, cause some devices do rely on the new zigbee core implementation.

SDK3 is in Homey 5, so if the app has been transformed to SDK3 then it wouldn’t work with 4.2

True, but for example the Philips Hue Zigbee app. The V5 version is based on SDK3, the V4 is still SDK2.

What I was saying is that the developer found a way to update the V4 SDK2 app on stable store, while there is a V5 SDK3 app in test store. He removed for a short term the V5 SDK3 app (version 2.0.24) from the test store, by replacing it with a V4 SDK2 (version 2.0.25). This version contains extra devices support, for the people who are not on V5 experimental, this is very welcome. Then this V4 SDK2 (2.0.25) version is send to stable store and immediately after that the developer updated the test store with V5 SDK3 (version 2.0.26).

That’s a workaround that Athom presented last week, because it’s taking so long for v5 to become stable.

But don’t expect developers to backport their apps to v4, they’re busy enough with upgrading their apps to v5 as it is.

5 Likes

and please keep in mind, while the developer is waiting for approval to release the v4.2 app from test to stable, there is no v5 version available in the app store.
IMHO only a containment to be used for serious issues on v4.2.

3 Likes

Sometime now i have the following problem.
I have a couple of motion sensors.
Half of the time the sensor only updates the lux sensor and not the alarm.

Following steps i already did.

PTP
Zigbee Reset

I hope anyone can help me.

Unfortunately I am still having issues with Aqara motion sensrors on FW5 as well (RC57 by now). A while ago my zigbee network was extremely unstable. I even swapped 10 Osram bulbs for Aqara tunable ones (hoping they would play well with the sensors), and while stability has improved a lot I still have not had more than one day without Zigbee issues!

Motion detection of some Aqara sensors will just stop working while others are fine, some bulbs do not turn on when motion is detected (or with extreme delays), and bulbs do not turn off any more. I also had cases where I could no longer successfully pair sensors at all until a reboot. This all happens even with devices connected directly to Homey, and I have tried everything from restart app/restart Homey/PTP (even did a Zigbee reset last week). When things go wrong I eventually end up having to pair a couple of sensors again. I have sent many support requests and diags dumps to Athom but no concrete confirmation that any issue was found so far.

The Nodes view looks fine as far as I can tell, and this also confirms I have more then enough bulbs/plugs that are used as zigbee router. I would also love to hear if something is wrong with my devices, network, the RC or the drivers. It looks like a combination of the RC + Aqara driver. :frowning:

[Update] Seems the issue was more related to the Homey zigbee chip reaching its limit with 50 connected devices. Switched to Conbee 2 + HomeyCONZ App, all zigbee issues are gone.

Did you perform a full Zigbee network reset since you installed v5?

Yes, I did last week, as mentioned above. :slight_smile:
And I bought Homey about a month ago so I started out with FW5.

I would suggest to contact Athom support asap. Because Zigbee Reset was so far solution working for others…

What channel is Zigbee on (should be shown here), and what channel is your WiFi on (the WiFi-network Homey is connected to)?

Also, if you’re still using the original Athom power supply for Homey, try replacing it with something else (5V and 2A minimum).

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am aware of the usual suspects. :slight_smile:

• I already replaced the plug with a Samsung one when I first started reading this forum.
  • I switched Zigbee to Ch21 when I did the Zigbee reset to make sure I have the least interference (my wifi 2.4 is on ch6). The 2.4 Ghz wifi band is not too crowded over here and I never had issues.

@Sharkys: I opened already many cases with plenty of relevant diags dumps + descriptions of the issues I saw.

Note that the issues seem to be completely random, not related to specific devices, locations or routing path. I really feel something is going on with FW5 and/or Aqara drivers, although it’s strange that I seem to be one of the few with issues. That’s why I decided to post in this thread to see if others recognise these issues.

1 Like

There is overlap between Zigbee channel 21 and WiFi channel 6, although not a whole lot.

Issues with devices that stop responding, or where commands are severely delayed, are (ruling out the usual culprits like Homey having a high system load or interference) practically never caused by apps, because Homey’s core handles all that stuff. Apps merely give commands to the core, or wait for incoming events from core.

I hope Athom can find out what’s wrong from the diags I sent them, together with some specific timestamps + behavior.

Good to know it shouldn’t be an issue with the Aqara app itself!
I’ll stop now to keep this App thread on-topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like