[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

@WagonR @Tibor_Haraga @Ben sorry to hear it is not working; but in order to be able to support you, I’ll need more information other then not being able to include a device…
Is there an error code shown or does the inclusion information stays visible (and does not proceed to “device is being added”)?
Are you able to include other Zigbee devices?

Please note, inclusion of Zigbee devices is being handled within Homey’s Zigbee core, only when inclusion is successful and the right match is found the device will be linked to the app’s driver.
So I don’t have access to the logs during inclusion and can only give advices based on the information you provide.

I don’t get the correlation your are making; updating of the Aqara app to v1.2.4 is causing the Fibaro (?) and Netatmo app / devices to crash?

If that is the case, I would recommend to contact Athom support…

Did you PTP? If not: why not?

No. I did

Is that the same?

No, that’s not the same. PTP = pull the plug. Take it off power completely for 5 minutes or so.

Oke i Will try that

Sorry @TedTolboom has nothing to do with your app. Looks like a ZWave issue

PTP doesn’t work

Deleting device and adding it again solves my problem

Sorry, I noticed they didn’t do it for a while but now I want to pair them again and don’t get any response. I have the sensors 5 cm next to the Homey but will not pair. Other xiaomi sensors will work.

I have no error code, inclusion information is still visible( 5-10min) iam very close to the homey unit and pressing button every 2-3sec.

All, I made a brave move after having heard so many good things about the zigbee in v5.0 and moved all my aqara devices from the xiaomi control hubs to remove one (unnecessary) link in the chain.

So after upgrading to homey v5 I deleted the end devices and added them through the aqara app directly.

What I noticed in the last couple of days is still quite some motion detects that are ignored/missed, even on devices directly routed to Homey (and some through routers). I’ve done a ptp to let everything work out the routes, removed and re-added some devices again but to no solution; the motion detection still is hit and miss.

Am I the only one experiencing this and thus am I doing something different than others or?

Appreciate for your inputs.

FYI; the behavior inconsistency only seems to be with motion sensors, not the contact sensors, those are so far 100% accurate. What I find interesting is that sometimes the motion sensor will update the Lux value but not the motion. If I remember correct those two are linked and Lux is never updated without a motion trigger? Or has that behavior changed;

There is no error code, the installations stops at the screen “zigbee apparaat toevoegen.” (add zigbee device )

I have a motion sensor as wel and the installation went smoothless.

I did all of the necessary steps including pushing the device every two seconds to keep it alive for at least 5 min.

Have the same problems with adding Aqara devices.
A while back it did not work adding battery powered devices. This was fixed and everything work great for me up till RC46 or something.
Can anybody confirm that they can add Aqara devices on 5.0?

A bit afraid of resetting zigbee if I can’t add devices after that

I have added yesterday a Aqara 6 button switch without any problems.
I am on version 5.0 of the Homey firmware.

1 Like

I have added a temp/hum/press sensor successfully as well…

1 Like

Since V5 the Aqara tilt/vibration sensors loose the ability to send tilt angles a few hours after adding them. Tested different sensors and different distances, but tilt-angle en relative-tilt-angle keeps getting stuck. Alarms do keep working.

With the 5.0 update, will the aqara devices be able to report battery level properly? I have a ton of Aqara devices and all says battery is at 100%, even after a couple of years.

Do they still work? Zigbee devices are known for their efficient communication, where batteries can last for years.

No, in the Aqara app no different battery approach is implemented in v1.x compared to v0.8. Most devices don’t directly report a battery percentage, only a battery voltage.

Based on best known discharge curves, the battery percentage is being determined. Yes, neglecting differences in use cases (reporting intervals), different device discharging behavior and temperature influences. But this is a similar approach as most other home automation platforms are using.

If you have a better or more reliable approach please let me know / contribute to the app.

Here problems with re-adding a dual relay and an aqara bulb. The first one succeeded adding after around 10 failed attempts. The bulb is still unsuccessful. I am on 5.0.0 and 1.2.4.

I have upgraded to V5.0 and this app is 1.2.4 right now.
Some aqara door-sensors stopped working since the upgrade, not sending the status anymore.
What’s the best solution outside delete and re-adding them?

Try removing their battery for a minute or 10.