[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Do you want to do it yourself?

For lighting"

For sonos***

or
https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000310767697.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.264d33edK4kvym
or
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32961297103.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.264d33edS1UCG0

Disassemble and look :slight_smile:

Not possible at the moment and I too have that issue. @TedTolboom has confirmed it’s a feature request.

You won’t be able to fit the aqara switch in that 3 switch plates. Aqara switches are meant to be installed individually.

If the hole is square (no problem), the thermostat will need a new frame.
Instead of two switch, make one double switch In the remaining space wireless switch

Do I remember correctly, according to Norwegian standards, everything must be grounded with a wire connection?

I have three Aqare T&H sensors. Sometimes they get stuck on a specific value, like one now (T/H stuck on same value for 6 hours now). I tried restarting the sensors by removing the battery, but it doesn’t help.
Also, when I remove the battery, there is no notification whatsoever of the sensor being offline.

Restarting the app also doesn’t help.

How do I fix this?

First of all: Homey doesn’t know if sensors are offline or not, because it doesn’t maintain a permanent connection with them. The only thing you can look for is if a device hasn’t reported for X amount of time.

Have you run the Zigbee healthcheck script already?

No. I don’t know anything about zigbee. I only added 9 Aqara sensors (light, water, H/T, motion) to my 20 or so Shelly devices.

So, I only have 9 endpoint devices. They are all within 5m of my Homey.
Do I need to reset the zigbee network to get my H/T running again?

edit: did a zigbee reset and now all my aqara devices are gone… :frowning:

You want the output?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 0: logIDInfo ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Homey HostName : homey-5e43bbc15e52de0c3db46c0f
Homey HomeyName : Homey van Stefijn
Wifi : DBlogic 38:0b:3c:e9:d1:31
ifconfig : 192.168.1.200:80
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 1: ZigBee controllerState RAW data ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
controllerState => {“panId”:33533,
“extendedPanId”:“dd:dd:dd:dd:dd:dd:dd:dd”,
“IEEEAddress”:“00:12:4b:00:1f:1f:9e:1e”,
“networkKey”:“01:03:05:07:09:0b:0d:0f:00:02:04:06:08:0a:0c:0d”,
“networkAddress”:0,
“channel”:11,
“chipVersion”:0,
“transportRev”:2,
“zstackVersion”:“2.6.3”}’
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 2: logStatInfo ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Platform : linux 4.14.15-g3c513a6eca Node.JS v12.16.1
Model : Homey (Early 2019) - Model ID homey3s
CPUs #/Model/Speed : 1 x ARMv7 Processor rev 10 (v7l) - 996 Mhz.
Homey Firmware : 5.0.4
Memory Total : 488 MB - Free : 86192 KB - (17%)
Data and Time : dinsdag 13de april 2021 12:38:39 Zone Europe/Amsterdam [2021-04-13T10:38:39.687Z]
Uptime : 0d + 00:59:48
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 3: Zigbee Network Data ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Nodes : 9

Routers : 0

EndDevice : 9

manufacturerNames : 2

manufacturerNames : [“LUMI”,“XIAOMI”]

modelIds : 4

modelIds : [“lumi.weather”,“lumi.sen_ill.mgl01”,“lumi.sensor_motion.aq2”,“lumi.sensor_wleak.aq1”]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 3b: routing is an ephemeral state and may change at any time ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bad Routes : 0

Routes 0 hops : 0

Routes 1 hops : 0

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 5: Devices active Routing ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Please add zigBee Routers to create a mesh network
For more info read
https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019239879-Advice-on-building-a-stable-Zigbee-network
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 6: Zigbee Health Advices ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Well-Known-Key used (CVE-2020-28952)
For more info read
You Gotta Hack That | Penetration Testing Consultancy
Please add more zigBee Routers to create a better mesh network
You only have 0 routers for 9 end-devices
For more info read
https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019239879-Advice-on-building-a-stable-Zigbee-network
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ 7: Zigbee Reporting Data ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

reporting : 0,“00124b001f1f9e1e”,3,false,“Homey (Early 2019)”,“5.0.4”,0,11,0,2,“2.6.3”,9,0,9,2,4,0,true,“#”,0,0,0 , $

———————————————————
:white_check_mark: Script Success
:leftwards_arrow_with_hook: Returned: "Please report above text back on Community [Community Survey] Homey v5 ZigBee Health check and statistics collection (HomeyScript)

Performing a Zigbee reset, well, resets the network. So you need to add all your devices again. Hopefully re-adding your devices will fix your problems. If not, perhaps it’s time to replace their batteries.

it’s not the batteries, they were all 100% (have all sensors about 2 months now), unless the batteryindicator is not very accurate… But when I think of it, I THINK one of the motionsensors also did not report motion anymore this morning, at least not in Homey.
So, what WAS the problem? and how do I fix it next time?
Could it be that a powerloss on the Homey causes this? I had to switch off groups on which homey gets it’s power to install some electrical wiring a few times the last days.

Homey and Zigbee is sometimes more magic than science, search this forum for the examples :wink:

Devices with software (in general) can be very picky how they’re shut down and/or how they started. When I’m working on my electrical systems I always make sure to shut down everything and start them in a certain order. For example I make sure my modem and router are up and running before starting Homey and my Synology NAS… The other way around is guaranteed trouble…

I always try to do it the proper way, but I can’t even shutdown Homey, so it’s just power off. And I can’t do anything with the sensors as far as I know (that’s not far) (can’t turn them off)
I readded them. I thought I had seen a “rebuild zigbee network” option somewhere, which did not reset the network like I did today. Am I mistaken?

Doesn’t it have a dipswitch of some kind? What does the manual say about reversing?
To illustrate : My tuya curtain chain drives have such a (tiny) switch on it, and additionally with a “reverse operation” option in the app config.

As far as I know, I don’t know any “rebuild zigbee” button or command. Zigbee builds & rebuilds itself.
As you discovered the hard way, a zigbee reset drops all paired devices.

Again, one of my sensors is stuck (temp/hum/pressure are stuck since last night 19:45). I have removed the battery and put it back (Homey reports it on 100%) but it stays stuck. Also restarted Aqara app.
I don’t know if the sensor is not working or it’s the device in the homeyapp that has a problem.

What can I do/try?

edit: does screen this say anything?

edit2: hmm…seems like pressing “interview” got it to unstuck

Unknown manufacturer is not OK… btw even your devices are new, battery might be KO…

I would suggest to take a look - Updating from 4.2 to 5.0 – Homey Support and here - Fixing disconnected Zigbee devices (without having to modify all flows) (workaround but it will not fix it permanently) or “Simply” Reset your ZigBee network - it will remove all devices, add them back , fix all the flows…

Please note even you have issues with Aqara devices, it’s rather Homey problem ;-(

tnx I will take a look at your link, but I already reset the zigbee network 2 days ago (see above) and readded all 9 devices (and fixed all flows). So this “network” is 2 day old :slight_smile:
(My home is 5.x btw and I did not have zigbee devices before the update)
And I should not trust the battery percentage indicators? They are all 9 at 100%. I could try another battery of course the first time a sensor gets stuck

On your script output I saw you had “well known” network key, that’s why I assumed you haven’t performed reset yet. Anyway, unknown manufacturer is not standard for known devices like Aqara.

The reset was after the script, so that might explain. The screenshot above is from this morning

Do you have any routers in your zigbee mesh? Like light bulbs or plugs.
These aqara devices are all end devices and cannot create a healthy mesh network.
There is a maximum of end devices that can connect directly to Homey

No, I don’t. Do Aqara wall plugs function as a router/repeater?
I believe so since they describe that Aqara sensors communicate directly with the plug? can’t find any explicit specspage that says so
https://www.aqara.com/eu/smart_outlet.html
“Even if the network connection is interrupted, the local automation between the smart plug and the sensors still works normally.”