[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

It is also better to discuss Xiaomi/Aqara stuff here instead of flows on motion or timers starting/ending. Someone made a really nice post for that alr on the flows section.

1 Like

Hi Guys, I paired 2 aqara motion sensor and 1 double switch to Homey. I am tried to discover these devices in Alexa App, but they are not found (Honey skill already linked to Alexa). Is it normal?
Thanks in advice for help

Should have router capabilities. Since it does not work yet,can’t test

Hi all, for the aqara double wall switch, the second button does not show up as another button. So I create a virtual device and a flow to link to the 2nd button. But the problem of this is that when someone manually click on the switch, it does not send feedback to honey and show it as open. Is there a way for it to show open in honey?

@Jason_Tan

the problem of this is that when someone manually click on the switch, it does not send feedback to honey and show it as open

If it’s connected to a light for example, if “light x” turns on set “virtual device y” to on.
Can’t you do something like that?

Can’t, no option for that.

How come there is no option for that?
You can’t make a flow that if device x goes on vd y turns on??

I do this all the time, what do you want to turn on/off with the button?

It is correct that it does turn motion alarm off after the 60 seconds (or what you configure), even if there are motion in front of it during the time. It is a backside of Aqaras device. Philips Hues motion sensor for example does not turn of motion alarm until the movement in front of the sensor has calmed down, so that is better. But as people has described, you can work around it with the right combinations of countdown timers, even if I personally think that Philips way of doing it is better and gives better functions.
But you can buy three Aqara sensors for the price of one Philips, so in my case I have more Aqara than Philips, and live with the backside effect. And as someone describes, the are many examples in the Flow section in how to solve it.

Ok, probably my explanation not very clear.

Yes, I have assigned and created 2 flows for the virtual device to turn on and off the right switch from Homey. The issue is when I physically turn on the right switch, the virtual device does not register as turn on.

I do understand what you mean,

This isn’t the best example but when you turn on the “Kastlamp - Kast” with the button,
Then Homey could see that and set your Virtual Device (button 2) in this example “Zonneschermen - Virtueel Apparaten” to ON.

1 Like

I can confirm for others, that Aqara relay is seen as a router and it works as zigbee mesh extender. So far I have connected it as a generic zigbee device. Now waiting for Ted to implement it in the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Daniel_S
Good to know!

What type of switch is supposed to be used; momentary?

Thank you! I manage to get it working! It also mean I got 25 x 2 flows to work with…

1 Like

Dear Ted, I am also interested in using the Two-way relay controller.
Regards

Send him some beers too to encourage him :slight_smile: But I know Ted is already working on it. I am now able to control my gardenhouse light which is around 15 meters far from house. I can also add the door sensor there which was not possible untill now because of the weak zigbee signal. Now all works like a charm on the distance.

You have to add a scene i think there are all the button combinationsSmartSelect_20190623-231111_Homey SmartSelect_20190623-231127_Homey

Have changed it a bit since it didnt work that good. If the sensor was triggered again the timer would start again but also ended after 90 seconds from the previous flow overruling the new timer.

I did this: created a timer ‘Washok’
Motion set to 60 sec
Hourglass set to 80

Motion on:
IF washok sensor triggers THEN turn on lights at 100% and turn hourglass

Motion off:
IF hourglass washok is empty THEN turn off light washok

So everytime it trigger it will turn the hourglass. So i got 20 seconds between the sensor not registering movement before turning off, could tweak this a bit.

Motion on:

Motion off:

I we give @TedTolboom to much beer he can’t think straight :wink:

But @Ted. Can you give us a glimp how far you are? The relay is already implemented in my wall but i can only use 1 switch.

1 Like

Any news about the integration?

I try to add Mi door sensors (MCCGQ01LM), but i get all the time the message that it took to long adding those devices. I added without any problems a Mi motion sensor, after that i tried again to add a door sensor, but without luck. I keep the device awake to press the button in the hole every 2 sec. as mentioned.
Also tried to connect when very close to Homey.