[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thanks for your update! I fully understand your situation. Take your time to adress this case on your terms. Don’t feel rushed! We waited on Athom for many months/years so we can wait a little more. I stronlgy believe that Athom is not in a position to push the “real” developers that make their product from “okay” to GREAT. Keep up the good work, but most important enjoy your holiday!

4 Likes

This is for EXPERIMENTAL updates, but should we also Disable the normal automatic Updates?
( in the mobile-Appp via More / settings / Updates )

I have that disabled already for a long time. Both firmware and apps. Still running strong, stable and without major problems for over a year on version 2.4.1

Hi Ted, don’t feel rushed, enjoy your holiday!

2 Likes

Have a nice holiday Ted :sunny:
Love your work on the Aqara zigbee app and waiting a bit longer for the new version is no problem at all.

5 Likes

Thanks for kind feedback guys; much appreciated!

6 Likes

Enjoy a nice beer on your holiday, it’s on me (just send you a tip). Enjoying the Aqara devices each day, all possible by your work!

1 Like

A question about the Aqara / Xiaomi gateway:
Is it possible to add more than one gateway or is the limitation just one single gateway?

EDIT
Found it; the newer gateways, have a closed 9898-port.
to open the port:

Enjoy your holiday knowing that your efforts are very much appreciated! Looking forward to this update when it comes!

1 Like

I wish you a nice holiday. I will sen you a tip becaus i know that we get nice features and new supported devices in the next time from you.

1 Like

Enjoy your holiday mate. Looking forward for new updates. Gr8 job.

1 Like

Just donated 2 beers, have a good one!

1 Like

Thank you for your explaination and please do not apologize for not being able to update the app. In my opinion, Homey should apologize and buy you a great bottle of Whisky. Since they will not, I will.

Enjoy your holidays.

In my opinion there is no reason to be angry on athom. This is still only experimental update, which they announced. Everybody was pushing them to come up with rewrite … so here it is. When they see that majority of devs release their updates they will wait to release stable version in public. I understand their approach and devs will have enough time to catch up during the experimental. Last thing Athom needs to kill the apps and piss off users in the end.

4 Likes

It’s easy for Athom to don’t get “angry” users; don’t let V5 be an automatic update when it’s being released as stable IF there is an app installed on the Homey which hasn’t been updated to SDK3 yet and notify the user about it…

1 Like

On the other hand Athom can not wait forever if any app is too late with update. IMHO the stable version will not come soon.

2 Likes

Great job. Thanks for taking the time but also enjoy the holiday.

1 Like

Hi Ted, don’t feel rushed thanks for all the good work you have already done so far, enjoy your holiday!

Thanks for your job. Please add support for Aqara Rolling shutter motor ZNGZDJ11LM

Hi, my Aqara temp. had like 22 % battery remaining and the device turned off. It does not even reach 20 % battery alarm. How does it work for you? In general the disconnection of the devices from homey are not notable. If there was a way to notify when any device disconnects I would not bother about the battery at all.