[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

That is my interpretation of it, but I will not answer for Ted. Anyway, I think Athom sees the potential in getting Xiaomi devices up and running also, so I think will act accordingly

Well, that has to be a hell of a converter… even for apps based on the formal Zigbee specification.
Please keep in mind that Xiaomi / Aqara, specifically for the “older” devices, have their own (not-documented) interpretation of the Zigbee specification, that I needed to reverse engineer to get it to work with Homey.
So the same attribute ID (e.g. onOff) for the onOff Cluster, which is the most common used attribute, will have a different structure for one device to another.

Well, this topic has been clarified already and can’t / won’t be fixed because of the specific nature…
but luckly enough, the new Zigbee implementation does provide an option to work around it. So I have a direction how to resolve, but will need to test if this is robust (enough)…

13 Likes

I think the report frequency of the battery driven temperature and humidity sensors is dependent on temperature change. Mine report frequently when there are changes and may go hours (4 hours yesterday between 18 and 22, see image) when values are stable.

Almost there…

32 Likes

Wow you are great

Just 1.96m…

19 Likes

Truly amazing!

Nice work!

Does this update from Athoms side also opens the possibility to support the oppo switches?

This is not the limiting factor to implement support for the Oppo switches…

Like mentioned before, current focus is to complete step 1. and 2. first

7 Likes

I understand that the focus is fist on the existing devices. But as I understand (in point 3) it will come.

Nice!

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wanna push or whatever, just asking. Otherwise I was gonna sell my opple switch

1 Like

Great (not that tall) work! Just out of curiosity, does this mean point 1 and 2 are fixed by athom, or did you find a way around it?

1 Like

@TedTolboom How is your Beer, pretzels and Coffee supply?

Does it Need some funding? :wink:

You do great work man. I am truly greatfull.

Keep it up!

WOW can’t wait… Keep up the good job @TedTolboom

Clarified on short term with support of Athom and found a work around to resolve it…

6 Likes

Great work and thx for the update, @TedTolboom!
Sounds promising!

Any date for supporting Homey v.5?

oh men! please read the last 10 posts or so…

4 Likes

Unfortunately the app does not yet support Homey v5. You will have to wait. And consider switching off auto updates and/or experimental updates. They really do break stuff now and then.

Unknown. It is a volunteer job.

Come on Mats, it isn’t too much to ask to at least to check 5 posts up. If you had, you would have your answer…

3 Likes