[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Ok
They can‘t be Updated…

Do you have a good alternative?

Sorry, but I think it has been very clear. If you DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DON’T UPDATE

4 Likes

Right!!!

I really really laugh my ass off… All those noobs to lazy to read and search these forums…

4 Likes

I cannot seems to understand ppl barely know their names, they are completely lost here but they are on experimental firm. How for the love of a… How?

That said, lets get back on topic please

4 Likes

On topic? Hmm… :thinking:

Like this:

17 Likes

OMG, is it so close

yes please :slight_smile:

thnx! great work!

Nah… I’ll stop teasing. :upside_down_face:

So like many of you already noticed, I pushed some code (the actual release candidate) to the app’s Github repository, under a cryptic branch name (3zRj82UTrPqSb6nv) starting with a 3 (off course)…

I deliberately didn’t comment / react in this topic to not persuade people without knowledge how to work with the command line interface / Github to install this app.
But you didn’t let me down; within 2 minutes after pushing the code, I received a DM of someone running to his laptop to install… :grin:

Over the last days, this version has been tested by several users and some remaining bugs have been identified and fixed in the meantime…
In parallel, like shown in above screenshot, I also added support for the Curtain controllers.

So…

I have released the 1.0.0 release of the Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee app to the test environment of the app store.

Some notes regarding this release (actually read them):

• Version 1.0.0 requires to have Homey v5 experimental release installed. Only install this experimental release when you understand the risks and checked that all remaining apps that you depend on are converted to SDK3 / Homey v5
  • This is still a test version, although a lot of time has been put into the app, to build, debug and test it, the app will likely still contain bugs. If any, please report them at: https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/issues
  • The scope of supported devices is still the same as in Homey v0.8.0; so no the Aqara Opple switches and water leak sensor are not included yet
  • Updating the app and getting a stable Zigbee network again, will take a considerable amount of time… some devices might start responding after some time.
    A restart of Homey, after updating the app is advised
  • All devices supported by this app, should work without re-including them. For the double switches and the relay, they will continue to work as they were (with a second switch within the single device instance), but are DEPRECATED. For these devices, I would advise to remove and re-include them to make use of the new feature added: a second device instance for the second or right switch
48 Likes

Thanks for al your hard work you put in it! I’m currently stable on 4x and keep it that way.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. You are the best.

Testing already since release, all seems to be fine, just got two glitches on temp. Sensors reporting -100 Celsius (happens only twice on two sensor, maybe really a glitch). Will report issue if this will continue.
Great work btw! Thank you.

Installed the testversion and added the light sensor. It works great but even after changing the battery for a brand new one i get this!

Screenshot_2020-09-30-20-25-39|230x500

Have seen this issue on the old version, but not yet in the new. I’ll add a parsing limit on the temp. Can you create an issue on GH?

Does it stay like this when pressing the button on the sensor; it will trigger the battery report.

1 Like

Hi Ted,

It does stay the same actually

Thanks @Ted!
I can confirm that the app is (at least in my situation) stable and works great!
Many, MANY kudo’s to Ted.

edit: and I got the 2020th post here! :smiley:

Thanx Ted, long awaiting moment is here. Updated and everything works perfect. Great job!

The app works great @TedTolboom , many thanks!

The apps works great, thanks a lot! Worth the wait!! :slight_smile:
I had some devices that didnt work before and I guess they some how stopped working. Is my only solution to reset them and re add them or can you somehow wake them up and get homey to see them again without readding them. You can see the devices in homey but 2 of them havent responded in 7 months :smiley:

Btw will the Aqara Smoke sensor be added? Just to know if I should buy it or not