[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

Any chance for Arlo baby support? :slight_smile:

Its possible, from what I understand the arlo baby is both a camera, temperature control as well as a base station in one. So it would require some strenuous testing - (and I dont own one).

Hi Jamie,

Any reason the source code isn’t on GitHub? I’m happy to test and also to contribute to the repo.

Also happy to donate for all your hard work :wink:

Its not on github because it wasn’t ready, however the current ‘build’ which has NOT been released yet is ready will be put on github as soon as I get the time to.

The ‘build’ mentioned above will be released as version 1.5.6a

Change Log

• 1.5.5 : Fix logic issue where adding devices required the app to restart.
  • 1.5.4 : Added Logic to capture additional events.
  • 1.5.4 : Added code to core to request additional information.
  • 1.5.3 : Removed superfluous heartbeat reset on callback. (done in event)
  • 1.5.2 : Rewrite connection logic
  • 1.5.2 : Add a reconnect frequency
  • 1.5.1 : Consolidated login logic
  • 1.5.0 : Add settings page
  • 1.5.0 : Move frequency to settings page
  • 1.5.0 : Move email/pass to settings page
  • 1.5.0 : Allow user to connect/disconnect from settings page.
  • 1.4.2 : Add tentative support for VMB3010

Next Steps

Going to verify that the code is sanitized and then it will be released upon github.
As soon as the invalid reposonse error which occurs ever couple of day is fixed it will be released to beta.

Notes
This is an OPEN alpha, if you want access, just ask.

Thanks

As soon as I add base station VMB3010 app crash and becomes unresponsive.

My entire homey is broken at the moment, which is why this release has been delayed. If anyone else has a problem - ill roll back the release. Because at this stage I am unable to do much, i’ve been delaying sending my Homey back as from Australia it takes weeks in postage.

Installed 1.5.6a. No problems as of yet for me.

Strange, today when adding base station eveything is fine. Nice!

Question: change mode, is that function operational? When trying to change mode in flow, nothing happens…

Change mode has not been hooked up, unless something else comes up there is one outstanding bug. Once fixed we go to beta and start rolling out the features.

Jamie did you put in a detection if your running on usb power?

I did but I actually only get back “when it’s charging” - so if you have it plugged in it will only say it’s charging for a couple of minutes each hour.

All in all I’m finding not very useful and will likely remove it - what do you think?

Red error hit me like a ton of bricks today Jamie.

On the usb power. Well i think it is more important to fix the red error.

b30a113d-5095-451d-8f48-dd8a3148f97c

Thanks to everyone who submitted an error report for the ‘generic red error’, ive figured out what is going on. As they say : Knowing is half the battle .

Version 1.5.7

1.5.7 includes the following changes :

• Snapshot signature is updated every time a new snapshot is received, attmpes to fix the image credentials getting stale after several days.
  • Changes reconnect time from 24 hours to 7 days, as a sanity check.

Notes : I have pushed this change directly to the alpha channel after limited testing.

Please let me know and submit a error log immediately if you receive the red error after several days. As this release is attempting to stop these.

1 Like

Version 1.5.8

1.5.8 includes the following changes :

• Adds separate calls to gather siren/storage data.
  • Removes the call to gather camera motion zones from the base station.
  • Camera details will not be requested until 10 minutes after the base station initialises
  • Removed default values for charge battery and wifi strength.
  • Added base support for batteries to be introduced in Homey v3
  • Added support for the new VMB3500(-NAS) ie. Round base station.
  • Original (VMB3xxx) base will no longer attempt to gather siren or storage information
  • Removed Charge battery capability from Original Cameras (VMC3xxx)

Generally speaking I have found the app to be rock solid with the VMB4000 and VMC4030P, I have made some changes which will allow VMC3*** base stations to hopefully be added and remove a warning which was showing up.

It would be great if someone could let me know whether or not the VMC3*** series cameras have a wifi signal?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi

I also want to help to test you.

I have a wmb4000r3 and two ArloPro

My homey email address is [mod break, removed email address for user’s safety, please send addresses in PM only]

Thanks

I still have the Problem that I dont get a simple Workflow running with arlo.

If arlo detect Motion then sende actual picture as notification.

The picture ist Always old. :frowning:

1 Like

Unless u guys want a lot of spam emails, stop showing ur email in posts!

@Baschtl - Please see the current feature set, this is an alpha build where we are testing the functionality. Things like flows will be added at a later date.

• Your Arlo Cameras and Bases can be added to Homey.
  • Cameras will display last motion detected (while armed)
  • Cameras will display last noise detected (while armed)
  • Cameras will display the current battery level (once determined)
  • Cameras will display whether or not they are currently charging.
  • Cameras will be requested to send a new Snapshot, once received it will be displayed.

Also just as a FYI … if your arlo detects motion … it wont be possible to send an image … as it will be recording a video instead.