Homey Community Forum

[APP] Arlo - Security Camera (1.5.9 - Alpha)

I cannot send DM regarding Alpha tester, can you please DM me?
I have Arlo Pro 2

@Jamie, this is my first post here at Athom and basically I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your effort. Have been following the thread for the last months and now I’m close to buy a Arlo camera setup for my home surveillance.

I’m fallen in love with the new Arlo Ultra cameras and base station. But I know that that series is not yet supported by this app. I have two questions you maybe can clear up for me:

1. I can see that you can buy a number of premium services for your cameras (named Smart Plans) like package recognition and activity zones. How does this app work together with these services?

2. Is there anything I can do to speed up the development and help you support even more Arlo models in the next releases?

/Kenneth

Hey @KennethJ,

1. I don’t know I haven’t tried the services (yet), need to put up my cameras property with power, I know i can use code to change the activity zones though.

2. It can be really hard to write code for devices you don’t own, primary because you can test them.

There are three ways to speed up development -

a) Send me an ultra :stuck_out_tongue:

b) Several people have offered to give me access to their devices so I can test and fix any bugs which come up. And while due to time constraints I havent taken anyone up on this - its the next fastest/best way.

c) The other is to have a dedicated tester who will help to run through and find issues, not just whats happening but why. Just as useful, (and in some ways less work for me) but much slower.

I would be happy to add the ultra if I have someone to test it.

Generally i’ve been happy with the performance of the app for the arlo 4030P, but apparently there have been some issues with other versions (which I don’t own).

@jamie I cannot send DM regarding becomming a tester, can you please DM me?

I have a set of pro 3 cams and what I think is a WMB4540r2 base station.