Homey Community Forum

[APP] Arlo - Security Camera

For everyone complaining on the Internet, there are least 20 that appreciate it, in silence.

1 Like

Arlo 3 support is going well, now added. But i’m now just working on backwards engineering control of the LED light (in the arlo3)

I would also like to bring in control of some of the other settings into the device settings of homey.

2 Likes

Now that I have an arlo3, I’ve just released a new test version of the arlo app :

This adds a new device the ‘Arlo 3 Pro’ or VMC4040P as well as support for the spotlight which is attached to the camera. The plan is to update the assets perhaps add some additional properties before roll out.

You can trial it here : arlo | Homey if someone has an arlo3 I would really appreciate help testing it.

Thanks

2 Likes

I ordered a Arlo Pro base station and a couple of Arlo 3 Pro cameras. today. I will test and let you know when it arrives on Monday.

Hey Jamie… Updated to the new version and noticed today that it stopped talking to the hub sometime between my upgrade yesterday and today. Restart of the app solved it but going to keep an eye on if it happens again :wink:

The Cameras themself worked thow.

// Ted

No trouble @Jamie , thanks for your job. I think many people thank you in secret, don’t Care about the minority.

Finally, I think I’ll look for a Pro 2 :wink:

@Jamie I had a look at some open source projects and a couple of them seems to have an approach to using 2FA with the Arlo API.

Is there a technical reason with Homey where A2F can not be used? Timeout for the Token? Something else?

Im not aware of any solutions to this problem nor do I understand how you could work around it unless arlo change their approach to mfa. It’s not a “homey” issue.

Which open source projects have managed to bypass 2fa and how did they go about it?