[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

hi. i am not the best at building my own flows, and have tried to get the resent recorded video sent to my phone but without succes. have i missunderstud what you meant by “use the video which was recorded in a flow”? or is it not possible? thanks!

So I don’t actually have a Homey at the moment, but from memory I think your talking about the flow called :

[PLACEHOLDER] A media upload has been received.”

That is not a real flow, its a placeholder for a flow that Ill be adding in the ‘near’ future.

Sorry everyone, I know that I am starting to sound like Athom :soon: … But until athom tell me about whats going on with my replacement Homey im very limited in what I can do.

I understand that you are eager, and upset that you don’t have cool new features or access to the beta. But trust me I am a lot more upset, I haven’t had a homey for 6 weeks, and even if they were to respond immediately - at the moment it would be another 4 weeks until I get a working homey.

As of today, I am still (un)patiently waiting for a Homey which works to be sent to me. So long as Homey is my main controller I will continue to develop/support my apps. The priority is to quickly finish off and publish the Arlo app before finalising an Alexa beta, then updating the group app to allow groups of devices with different capabilities then finishing off with the garadget app.

If that changes and I set up a different controller ill absolutely update these threads and find some one else to take over the maintenance of any apps I have published. (group, rainforest, feibit)

All Ill say is I am very glad to have taken the approach that I have, so that my house continues to work normally (aka stupid) when there is a catastrophic failure like no controller.

This is really sad news :frowning:

Hi Jamie, I just came across your posts and understood you have developed an App to integrate Arlo Pro into Homey. I have a Arlo Pro (VMB4000) and would love to get it into Homey. Please can you let me know how to load your App?
I am new to Homey (just got it 2 days ago) and havent found a way to load your Alpha App.

Any help welcome.
Kind Regards,
Uli

If you look at the first post, there is your answer.

Alpha Testers

We are currently alpha testing the Arlo Pro 2(VMC4030P), once this is stable I expect to roll out all the Arlo Pro (VMC4030) quickly followed by the original Arlo (VMC3030). Base stations will quickly follow.

If you have any of the devices, and are looking to help test, please send me a Direct Message with the Subject “Arlo Alpha Tester Application” - Inside of it include your App store email address and all of the devices you have. (even if they are not currently listed). Finally please remind me if you have sent a donation either for this app or one of my other apps.

@Jamie any news? Have you received your new Homey?

It has been sent, from experience it will take another 3-4 weeks

I’m new to this forum and can’t post private messages. Please Jamie, send me an message to become an alpha tester.

I use:
2 base stations:
VMB3000
VMB4000

and
4 VMC3030
1 VMC4030
2 VMC4030P

2.0.1 has been submitted for review with Athom. This is a very major rewrite where I rewrote all of the underlying communication layer with Arlo. Consequently it requires significant testing.

Once approved, I will start rolling out all other devices, this will happen quickly so check regularly for updates.

Change Log

Flows

• Removed all placeholder flows

Devices

• VMB3000 Removed
  • VMB4500 Removed
  • VMB5000 Removed
  • VMC3030 Removed
  • VMC4030 Removed
  • VMC4030P Removed
  • VMC5030 Removed

Features

Devices

• VMB4000

Capabilities

Sensors

• Motion Detected
  • Audio Detected

Flows

Triggers

• Motion Detected by device connected to basestation
  • Audio Detected by device connected to basestation
5 Likes

Thank you for everyone who has offered to test. I only recently got my Homey back which is why I have not responded.

I will be opening this app up for everyone to test, once each device/feature is confirmed to work by testers Ill add the next. The only delay should be waiting for confirmation of each feature works as expected.

First Feature/Device as you can see above will be the Arlo 2 Base Station.

I will update the thread once this app is approved by Athom.

I am also looking for people to help me convert the app into other languages, this will consist of translating a up to 10 sentences and 20 individual words.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I can do swedish for you Jamie :wink:

2 Likes

How long will it usually take for athom to approve?

Honestly I have not submitted anything in the new process. The old process would generally take two days. But apparently the new process can take upto 2 weeks.

Thanks for the information.
So, when it’s approved it will show up in the app store or will it be alpha test?

I believe that it will show immediately upon the AppStore

1 Like

Will it be possible to take a snapshot with the cameras?

Hi @Tb1

In the past it was possible to take a snapshot, when the device was not already recording. This functionality will be added back in.

However in the Change-log you I have removed all devices except the base station VMB4000.

I also want to remind everyone that its best if you create a new user for homey on your arlo account. Arlo will only let one user be logged in to one device at a time.

1 Like

The app was rejected as the readme had donation link with in it. I’ve removed the link and resubmitted.

– Sorry there have been some policy changes since i last submitted an app.

3 Likes

way to go @Jamie. Always appreciate your effort in this. cheers