[App] Blink

Sounds great. I found the github page for the project and added my vote to one of the issue requests as well.

I’ll check it out after my vacation!

:+1:

Hi there, I’m having trouble to Login into my Blink account. Blink has a two-factor authentication enabled on my account. Am I the only one with this problem?

Acn you describe your sitoation please?

• fresh app install or existing one?
  • changed something (or same password)
  • account is set in app settings? Was pincode (2FA) requested?
  • are cameras added?
  • where do you get tje error? In app settings or add device dialog?

First workaround would be a app restart (app, not Homey).
The 2FA dialog is shown after set of user/PW in app settings. Then a pincode dialog should popup to insert the SMS pin.
I recognized that the oincode doesn’t com up every time. Perhaps only for new devices or after PW change.
So it would helt to know about your error situatiln to reproduce the issue. Thanks.

I’ve seen in console log, that you are getting a login error caused by http error 429 (too many requests) if you try too often. This will result in the “invalid credentiols” popup.
I added the detailled response from Blink API to see what’s happening. This will come with the new test version.
In the meantime, just wait 1/2 hour and try again.

SyncModule is added as new device in upcoming version.
The SyncModule can be added a device to Homey and can be armed/dismed like a switch (on/off) and via flow actions. So all existing systems can be armed/disarmed independently.

@ObelixNL, FYI: I commited these changed to the existing pull request.

So, If I have 2 modules, 1 for inside and 1 for outside cameras, will I be able to arm only inside cameras? Will it allow to trigger only inside cameras ?

Yes, you can add each SyncModule/system as a device and switch ist on/off (directly like a switch or with flow actions like it’s done for the movement activation of cameras).
grafik

This will swich the state of your system:
grafik

Amazing! When is the release date ?

We have to wait until @ObelixNL is competely recovered back from vacation :beach_umbrella: :wink:

Where can I see the upcoming PRs?

Well, I’m just adding some improvements to the app via Github.

Will you post some steps for migrating to the new version when it is released?

Yes, but it’s like for other app, too. Just install the test version or wait for the live version. Then you can use the new devices.

Next week I will release it, I think Wednesday or the next day!

1 Like

Homey Developer Tools

Your code is now in test @RonnyW , i wil know going back to the sun and leaving my laptop in the safe!

Thanks, @ObelixNL. Didn’t wan’t you to pause your vacation :slight_smile:

@provanguard You can install the test version:

I am new to Homey and have never installed a test app. Should I uninstall the current official version first?
Or does it simply overwrite the previous version installed?

No, you don’t need another version first. It’s only the newer version (like a beta version). You will get all further updates for the beta channel.

Or you can wait until Athom has approved this version and it’s in the app store as “live version”.
You can switch back to the live version using the default app store search oder the link above without the “/test” and install again after it’s approved.

A re-install will keep all your data and will only overwrite the installed app. Only deinstalling will remove your Blink cameras.

I would suggest to install the test version. So you can check if the system activation/deactivation is ok or if something has to be changed.

Just keep in mind: We are community developer and build this app in our free time :wink: