[App][Pro] Bose Devices

After the latest update from Bose for the Soundtouch link, (which finally supports Airplay 2) I can now add the device in the app.
Works fine!

1 Like

Hi there,

Just stumbled upon this conversation and did not know I had to add my soundtouch devices to Spotify, after trying this I did not work.(No compatible devices found error)

So does anyone know how I can make it work? I would like to be able to make a flow to start a certain song or playlist.

I do know how to play the preset but it is maxed to 6…

@Bako Hi there. I cannot really help with connecting your Soundtouch device to Spotify. However, I know that you need to configure your Spotify Permium account with the native soundtouch app. I think there is no other way to hook up your device to your spotify account.

I think to remember that you can start playback with the Spotify app then but I cannot confirm that. Am not a spotify user myself.

For the Soundtouch itself, it seems like it is only possible to define a playlist or folder to be played. I have not found any api syntax to call a specific song as of yet.
I recently added a feature to resume the previous playback source. This technique could possibly also be used to store unlimited “presets”. But for the latter there was not too much interrest here. However, it would be possible to add something for such similar to how I did it in my Zone Memory app.

What a bummer seeing all those options would really make it very helpful.

My soundtouch app is connected to my Spotify app and account and the Spotify app on my phone does show all my devices.

Also my speakers are visible in the homey app but okay maybe someone else will have a idea.

Thanks for the quick response.

So I think I found a solution.

I had everything connect meaning the Spotify app in homey the soundtouch app op my phone (connected to Spotify) and Spotify connected with the speakers.

I set a song on play (in the Spotify app) on the speaker and while playing went to homey to add devices in the Spotify app on homey.

Now my devices were found!

1 Like

So I still have an issue:
On my Soundtouch link, The bluetooth input is not working.
Aux and presets are working

@Pieterv123
Which error are you getting? And can you please submit me a diagnostics report. I will look into it.
Also the list of steps you did to reproduce the issue would be interresting to know.

Thanks in advance

@Pieterv123
I was able to identify the problem already. I will fix this with the next version update.

Update: Fixed version is now live. Enjoy

Looking for testers to verify the Notification feature

As you might have noticed, the notification feature is still flagged as experimental. This is because I have no compatible device to test it with. It would be great if anyone could give feedback about it. Please see the feature description for details on the supported devices and formats.

Currently app is crashing at least twice a day and all devices become unavailable with a ! next to them until I restart the app. Currently have it set to restart nightly, which means less issues, but still can crash. I have static IP addresses from the old Homey app, could this be causing the issue?

Thanks

Hi @Nigel_Scott,
actually, static IP should not be an issue at all. Also, I have not received any automatic crash reports for the app for the current version, yet.
Maybe the app is missbehaving on your network for some reason. Could you please check the cpu and memory insights for the app and sent me the graphs as private message?
Also, can you please try to manually submit a diagnostics report for the app after it stopped working (before restarting it), from the menu in Homey App -> More -> Apps -> Bose Devices -> little gear icon -> Create diagnostics report
Please add your forum name to the message text there for reference.
I will review the issue as soon as possible.

This seems to be the point of crashing, I was using the app at this point to create flows and it may have caused it but not sure. Will send the diagnostic report shortly. Thanks

hmm… not the first time such a weird graph is reported. I have not been able to reproduce this strange behaviour, yet. Any clues on what you might have done with the app or any clues might be helpful.

I’m using Spotify alongside Bose, so I have actions set for both in the same flow. Only thing that was possibly slightly strange was trying to turn Shuffle On and shuffle was already on so returned an error. Also starting two separate presets to test them. Nothing else unusual. I am also using Volume from a from a logic card rather than the slider.

hmm… nothing unusual indeed. Well, maybe I can see something in the diagnostic log when you submit it. The high amount of memory usage is very strange. If you notice this happening before the app crashes you can send a diag report maybe before the app is getting paused.

Is there any news about support for the Bose Smart Home Speakers?

Hi @DvStarrenburg,
Not yet. I will check later this week whether the specs are out again. Haven’t checked on that for a while now. So… thanks for the reminder actually. Do you own such a device already?

Hi @Shakesbeard
I absolutely do! I proudly own de Soundbar 500 with Bass Module en Surround Speakers, standing in the living, the Home Speaker 300 on my kitchen (out of sight) and the portable speaker is definitely coming as well, in by bathroom/bedroom.
Great products, OK app, deserve great integration with Homey :slight_smile:

Hi @DvStarrenburg,
so I checked in my lunch break because I was curious. Sadly Bose has not yet released the new Smart Home API specification. So no good news for the time being. Some other developers tried to reverse engineer already, as them are tired of waiting but nothing really useful came out of that either, yet.

:frowning: