[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

Hi.

I might be dumwitted, but can’t figure out how to use chronograph to start a transition that runs in x minutes from 0 to 100 in 100 steps. To use this transition value to set the temperature or dim value of a Hue light to start at 0 and step up to 100 within the x time.

So basically the light starts at 0% dim or temperature, and runs up to 100% in 100 steps.

For some reason I can only get the light to set to one value, and stays there.

For this scenario you can use the action and trigger card below. Make sure however, that your dim value goes from 0 to 100 instead of 0 to 1, which is the case for all of my dimmers.
19 46

Hi

I’m trying to making a flow with a morning routine. The meaning is when anyone is awake between 2 am to 6 am then start a timer. This part is working (1. Flow)

The 2nd flows should start if the timer get to 1 second. But I can’t get that flow to start.

What I’m doing wrong?

I would think duration is still the full timer so that doesn’t work, why on 1 sec and not wait until it is empty and trigger on that?

It’s actually a good point. But I have a stop timer on my toilet sensor.

The meaning is if the timer isn’t get down to 1 second in the time of 8 minutes don’t start morning routine.

Edit: Find the solution as you suggested. If timer then Flow2. If timer stopped before finishing. Then nothing happens.

Thank you for guiding me in the correct direction. :grinning:

Hi, I seem to have issues using the app. I cannot add new stopwatches timers or transitions. See screenshots. Any ideas on how to solve this?

you should create them from within a flow. And then you can create it as a device, but that’s only for showing the timer / stopwatch, it doesn’t do anything. The flows initiates the timer / stopwatches.

1 Like

Thanks, that is enlightening. It appears to work now. This app works slightly different from other apps and I can’t find any documentation but here. Much appreciated!

I seem to have problem with the memory and CPU consumption of the app. I spent some time last week to move from Countdown to Chronograph, but the app is eating resources and freezes. After some hours the memory consumption increases fast (from ~25 Mb to ~50-80 Mb) and the app hangs.

Can I have some error in the implementation or is there a limit to the number of timers? I have about 40 timers in total, but most of them are not run on a daily basis. Typically, I have 4-5 timers running in parallel at peaks.

Seems to be working quite good with a fresh restart of the app, but only for a few hours.

Anyone else with the same behavior?

Not exactly but I’ve transferred everything from countdown to chrono a while back. Don’t have nearly as much counters as you do, but yesterday I noticed nothing was working anymore, lights did not turn on at motion and didn’t receive notifications when my son was on his PS. Chrono was stopped.

My memory consumption doesn’t increase that much though. It stays pretty stable at 22MB. I do however reboot my homey every night. So maybe that helps.

You could always create a flow rebooting the app every few hours. The timers are persistent in between restarts so shouldn’t impact your environment that much.

Hi, sorry for stupid question but I can not figure out how to use transitions in one flow? I want to change led strip temperature gradually within 15 min from 30 to 95. How do I put the values?

Anyone can help please? Many thanks for hint.

You need two flows. The first one to set the transition like your example. The other one like this shared flow to set the change (my example set Sonos volume every time transition increments).

I’ve configured a stopwatch to show how long a device has been running. I posted an icon in the Homey Dash and it shows the number of seconds, though not dynamic/real time, you have to update the html page to see the actual run time. Is there any way to see minutes instead of seconds? And maybe dynamic, but maybe it’s up to the developers of Homey Dash ?!

The “timer” has this feature. But it shows time remaining and I’m not looking for that. And if I go into the app and configure the app, then I get minutes and seconds in real time from the “Stopwatch”.

And the Homey Dashboard icon looks like this. The timer symbol overlaps seconds. Merknad 2020-04-08 180911

Hi, I don’t know if it is not a feature, or if I can’t find it! Is it possible to use the remaining time of a timer as a tag in another flow/variable? Or, is it possible to write the remaining time to a variable, so I can use that as a tag?

EDIT: It is okay if I need to add it as a device for this to work, but I also couldn’t find it after I did that.

@BobKersten Are you still actively working on the app? Is it possible to have this feature being included if this is not possible right now?

Hi, is it possible to stop a defined amount of timers regarding of their names with a wildcard. For example:

Name Timer 1: Watering Garden
Name Timer 2: Watering Flowers

Stop Timers Watering *

THX

yeah, the wildcards work like that! I checked my card and is also had an Asterix in front of it, so it would be * Watering * for you. But I’m actually not certain that is needed. I control 8 timers at once using that method :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone. Is it somehow possible to get the actual time from a timer to send it as a push or something?
I allways have to open the app and app settings and so on. Would be cool if it is possible