[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

Which model / make / brand are these?

To control the slat tilt you need to select it from the drop list on the control screen. The default is to show POISTION:

but by tapping on that it drops the list down and you can select Window Coverings Tilt Set.

The slider then shows and controls the tilt.

This is the way Homey handles multiple controls of the same type such as sliders, power buttons, pick lists, etc.

When I ran your log through my new simulator and it did highlighted one bug that means the trigger is not fired. This will be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

@Adrian_Rockall Iā€™m sorry, I just saw I was still on version 2.1.14ā€¦ Updating to 2.1.33 did the trick and made my question unnecessary. Thank you again for your help and continuous efforts to make the Tahoma/Connexoon app even better!

@Eternity I have Luxaflex blinds with a Somfy IO-motor built-in. This combination wasnā€™t on the default options list, but I specifically asked if it was possible. It was especially import to me because of the tilt function. The motor tilts very fast, so timing wouldā€™ve been nearly impossible to program something with an RTS motor. Now I can just set a tilt-percentage, which is awesome!

1 Like

Hi, I currently have 5 RTS rollerblinds and a RTS sunscteen connected directly to Homey. I will be getting two IO screens as well (no option to choose RTS), so Iā€™ll probably be buying a Connexoon io or Tahoma. Is there any advantage in having a Tahome to control both the RTS and IO, or am I just as well off with RTS through Homey and the others through this app and Connexoon io?

If the current RTS is working OK then itā€™s difficult to find a reason. I already had Tahoma when I got Homey so it made sense to reduce the number of apps by adding support for the my RTS blinds. Also, I had range issues with Homey controlling my RTS blinds and Tahoma doesnā€™t.
Iā€™m not sure what else Tahoma offers over Connexoon so canā€™t comment on the pros and cons there.

1 Like

Hi,
I have a Somfy Protect alarm connected to a Tahoma. The alarm is seen as an ā€œone alarmā€ device by the application and it works perfectly for changig the state or triggering flow when the alarm is fired.

The only problem I have is that the ā€œgeneric alarmā€ state do not return to unactive after being fired, even after hours. I have to restart the application to reset it. Do I miss something, could you confirm that the state should return to unactive by itself?

Outside this the application is working and very useful. Thank you so much for all this work!
Thanks

I will look into that. I have seen door contact sensors not always switching off as well so it could be related. It seems the new method of getting changes that I have to use sometimes doesnā€™t fire.

Just out of interest, do you reset the alarm state within 30 seconds of it being triggered?

I have a suspicion that if the state changes to on then off within the polling time, the off state is not always sent. When I have tried to prove that by opening and closing my doors quickly, it all works fine. So I havenā€™t managed to make it fail on demand yet.
I might put a watchdog on those type of capabilities that will force an update if they are still active after a a minutes.

Just out of interest, do you reset the alarm state within 30 seconds of it being triggered?

Yes itā€™s more than likely (not really fan of loud siren :wink: ).
And the pooling is set to 30s in the application.

1 Like

New test version has a watchdog on alarm conditions for One Alarm, Smoke Alarm, Door Contact and Occupancy Detector.
If the state has not switched off after one minute it does a full poll of the device to check the values.

1 Like

Thanks! I have installed it. I will give it a try today. Iā€™m just waiting to be later in the day in order to limit disturbance for neighborhood. If anyone knows a way to test the alarm Somfy protect without triggering the siren Iā€™m interestedā€¦

I have tested the new application v2.1.41. The generic alarm returned to normal state even if the siren has been disabled within 30s.
Thank you so much for this quick fix and this useful app.

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Rockall ,
Just installed the test version because Iā€™m facing troubles with my shutters.
In the night the shutter doesnā€™t go from ventilation position to closed and in the morning the opposite.
After installing the test version I still see some errors in the log. One Iā€™ve send you already.
This problem occurs since a long time.
Perhaps you can have a look at it.
Iā€™ll be grateful.

NB. Iā€™m running rc.58

I sometimes get the same error (code 400), but the message that was sent is correct. I have to assume that the Somfy servers occasionally have a temporary issue.
Unfortunately, because the app is using the unofficial API (but now allowed by Somfy), I donā€™t get any support.
I will look into this more to see if I can do anything to cope with that specific error.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
Yesterday I wasnā€™t very clear about my issue.
When I push the MY button manually I get the following error, Failed to send command.
This also happens with the test version.
Actually I think this is the reason why my shutters are not closing from ventilation position at 10 pm. Not based on any knowledge.
It seams like the other buttons are also not working correctly.
Is this a known issue?

That is not a problem that I am aware of. The log didnā€™t show any messages to indicate a problem like that.
Could you enable the Information log in the App - Configure Application page. When it;s enabled it show more than just error message. Then press the MY button and then go back to the log and send it to me.
Hopefully that will catch all the messages tat are sent as well as errors.

Just did, twice.
Hopefully I understood well.
Itā€™s a bit too late now to test again, because of the noise.

Sorry, looks like you sent the device log instead of the information log. Could you check if the information log has something in it and send that?

Just did.

Could you try setting the polling time to 30 seconds to see if that helps.
The simple login session seems to expire if there is no activity for about 1 minute. That means the app has to login before every command which can sometimes be an issue.

Iā€™m also confused that you have a MY position option as the device log shows you have ā€œio:RollerShutterGenericIOComponentā€ and the app doesnā€™t add the MY position to that device. I am adding in it now as I can see that it is supported.

1 Like

I have published a new test version. can you see if that works for you.