[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

I presume you are referring to the button on the contact sensor?
If so then the hub version doesn’t support the button at all as that is not reported in the API.
The BLE version just has a button id changed as the device increments a number each time the button pressed. Potentially this could be used to detect multiple presses in a time period by using a timer but I’m not sure how reliable it would be.
Unfortunately, a long press on the button puts it into discovery mode which is not great as it stops responding until it times out.

Hallo is there any possibility to add for support the “left open” and the "entering"and “leaving” functions from de door/window sensor ?
And also a trigger by pressing the button on the door/window sensor ?

THANK YOU very much.

Those features are supported by the BLE implementation but the cloud API doesn’t provide the required data.

Edit: I have added a request for the information to be provided in the API. Issues · OpenWonderLabs/SwitchBotAPI · GitHub

Hi.

With addition devices and features & firmware updates of the current devices the API should evolve and maybe in the future ?

Something else I don’t really understand what you precisely mean with is the trigger(s) of the motion detector & door/window sensor : “Left Open Set”, “Bright Set” , “Bright Cleared” & “Bright Changed”.

Please explain a little more each by each and if its a Boolean then when its true or false ?

Thank you.

If the contact is left open for a period of time (determined by SwitchBot) the status will be true and the trigger will fire.

The contact has a light sensor built in and if the light goes above the threshold (calibrated in the SwitchBot app) then the status will be true and the trigger will fire (when it goes from dark to light)

Opposite of the “Bright Set”

Fires when the light sensor changes between dark to light or light to dark.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS !!! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

(Just imho maybe you could/should call/change “Bright Set” to “Becomes Bright” and “Bright Cleared” to “Becomes Dim” (to use the same words in your app from the switchbot app. (and “Bright Changed” maybe to “LightLevel Changed” :wink: )

1 Like

Sounds good, I will change the names in the next updated :+1:

Would it be possible to add a condition(=… AND…) to the door/windows, Motion sensors(s) and maybe also curtains for Bright/Dim Lightlevel like (toggle between) : Is Bright/Is Dim ?

Thank you.

You can use the Logic cards for those.

Oh,

Forgot this. But still not native to the device(s) if you would like 100% perfection. :wink:

Thanx. :pray:

Red Iphonitis rigorosa : level 11

Adrian,

I created a flow which started with the flow card ‘water alarm’ to notice me when the tank is empty.

Today the tank was empty, the device gave a red ligth and stopped.
I waited over 1 hour and nothing happened, no message (or log).

Then i opened after an hour the switchbot app on my phone and as soon when i opened the flow in homey was executed.
Is it possible this flow card is defected or is it a problem on api of switchbot?

There is an issue with the humidity unit not sending updates to the Switchbot server. If you look at the last updated times on the capabilities they can sometimes be days old. If you check the log, the app is regularly fetching data from the server but the server just sends out of date information.
I have reported this to Switchbot so hopefully they will be able to fix the problem at some point.

1 Like

SwitchBot have now officially taken over the app so it will be published under their name. Hopefully this will lead to the app being released for the Homey (cloud) in the future (it is currently available under the \test URL).

I will hopefully still be able to maintain the app on their behalf and as the first update under the new management I have add support for the SwitchBot “Color Bulb”.

Okay, so no point in reporting issues here anymore?
The app keeps crashing my homey

Yes please keep reporting issue here and I will do my best to resolve them.
Can you provide more information about the problem?
What version are you using?
Also, could you send me the diagnostics logs from the Configure app screen.

My homey freezez one or twice every week after installing the app. I tried to remove it and now homey works fine.
I have the latest version of homey running, and as far as I know it updates all the apps at soon as there is a new version available

How do I extract the log? I have only get a code from the app.

To get the log, the Homey Switchbot app needs to be running. Then go to More > Apps > Switchbot > Configure App. Select the Log tab and then tap on Send Log.

How many devices did you have connected?
Were the device connected via BLE or the cloud?

Okay, I have re-installed the app again now to see how it goes.
But when I have added the devices now there is no response when I try to move the curtains.

I have only two curtains added via the cloud.

The log has been sent now.

Thanks for trying again. I can see the commands being sent to the cloud and receiving a successful confirmation. Here are the key bits:

{"command":"setPosition","parameter":"0,255,39","commandType":"command"}

Post response: {
  "statusCode": 100,
  "body": {},
  "message": "success"
}

Can you confirm that the hub is in range of the curtains?
The only way I know to check that is to control them from the Switchbot app while the phone is out of range of the curtains.

Hmm, you said something there!
Did a reset of the hub and now its working again. Thx Will get back to you if the homey starts crashing again.

1 Like