[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

Dec 24, 2016. Ouch.

For those interested, you can follow the conversation here: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.twinkly/issues/5

3 Likes

Sometimes it makes me wonder how people think it is reasonable not to keep their promises and blame someone elseā€¦ Commented on GitHub!

1 Like

Cant add devices after updating the firmware to 2.4.30. Any idea why? Thanks.

Not really, my Twinkly is tucked away for next christmas. But could very well be they decided to prevent third party control. You can post an issue on Github and I might look into it later. But swamped with other stuff right now though.

Thank you Phuturist. I have managed to make it work now, despite the new firmware. I reset twinkly by holding the button and reconnecting to power. After that I could connect it to homey. No idea what the issue was.

I contacted Twinkly support asking for the public API: they are working on it, but it will not be released this year.

Thatā€™s what they said last year as well.

Is the 2nd generation also supporter?

Yes.

2 Likes

Geest!! Also Home firmware 5.x because I will go tomorrow to Hornbach :slight_smile: #jappiejajajaaaa

v3.0.0 - 202x-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Minor improvements

This version is available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is still in experimental phase.

4 Likes

Thanks I Will try it today . Buy 2 rgbw with a lot of discount by ā€˜HORNBACH (laagste prijs garantie)

Hi @Phuturist, seems it do not work for me - I was able only to turn off lights once, never on - seems it got broken on v5, restart do not help, I have also re-added Twinkly.
Btw I observe the same behavior on 1.1.1 version. :frowning:

Diag.log : 46423bf8-d885-4ef4-84d0-b595a49b3cb8

There is indeed an issue with version 1.1.1. Itā€™s fixed in version 3.x of my apps but this is written in sdk3. I have been waiting for Athom to release firmware 5.x for some time now but it seems they incapable of fixing the issues with that firmware. Iā€™ll see if I can backport the changes to SDK2 and update the version in the app store.

Oh i see you are on V5 already. Did you close the Twinkly smartphone app before switching it through Homey? Both can not work side by side.

I just forced-closed app, I was able to turn lights off now - but I canā€™t turn them onā€¦

566ee5b1-3f6f-4be5-8bbc-1a79980a9508

Dont know what it is. There is nothing in the crash report as the app does not crash. As mentioned in the app description no garantees can be given it actually works as this uses reversed engineered communication.

v3.0.1 (SDK2) - 2020-12-07

• Small bugfix for pairing Twinkly lights

This version is available in the stable channel of the app store and will be pushed to Homeyā€™s that have enabled auto updates.

v3.0.2 (SDK3) - 202x-xx-xx

• Update to SDK3 (requires Homey firmware 5.x)
  • Minor improvements

This version is available in the test channel in the app store. You can only install this if you are running Homey firmware 5.x which is still in experimental phase.

2 Likes

I know about no-guarantee - I was just wondering if they closed anything on the API. The URL for lights for API works with ā€œWrong tokenā€ message, which is understandable as I provide no token nor I know how to provide it. The app gives error : The unknown error has occurred [401] - is there some way I can debug via CLI ? When I tried that there was not message at all - nothing in the console. Thank you.